Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
PaulinBont

Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Post by PaulinBont »

Sad news- didn't know that he was into bikes :

Flint was a keen motorcyclist. He rode 1,500 miles from England to southern Spain to attend the 2007 Spanish motorcycle Grand Prix and also raced in club competitions. He rode with Lee Thompson of the band Madness. He had his own motorcycle team, Team Traction Control which competed in the British Supersport Championship as part of the British Superbike Championship package. In 2015 Team Traction Control machines won two Isle of Man TT races, ridden by Ian Hutchinson.
Brenhden

Re: Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Post by Brenhden »

Yes, he seemed like quite a nice bloke too. He was also the face of rebellion to lots of us 1990's teenagers.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Yes, I think he put quite a lot of money and effort into the race teams...it wasn't an exercise in 'look at me, I'm famous,' he was very genuine about it.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Not too bad a rider
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

"It's the love and the hate of it. It'll chuck you off and fuck you to bits, and then you get back on and do it all again"

Sums up racing quite well. He started doing track days around the time I was racing and we were on track together at Brands once. He was proper quick. I did KRC Endurance for 3 years, which kind of became Hottrax Endurance when they started a new series. It was the perfect series for Keith Flint, who was a real team player, and helped him to understand what was needed to found his own Supersport team later on.

Of course he had the money to do it properly and thoroughly enjoyed indulging his hobby - so he could employ top riders and compete at a high level. Fantastic guy.

So sad about yesterday...
Tink

Post by Tink »

Keith was a proper biker, in it for the passion and buzz.....πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

R.I.P...
πŸ˜”
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Sad news indeed,seen him interviewed many times on the BSB grid by Jamie Witham and he always came across as a genuine bloke.

R.I.P Kieth :cry:
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

He was a handy club racer and loved the sport, as has been said he had the money to do everything properly and profesionally, raced with him at Hottrax Endurance events and his team were always immaculately turned out and he did quite well. RIP.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Apparently he had a KTM 350 exc and regularly rode the lanes of his home county of Essex

So a bit like most of us
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Such a sad loss, dj on radio said she spent some time with him and he was a kind gentle man, just goes to show dont judge by apperance, if it was as suggested suicide it's tragic, if you have a physicial illness it's accepted, mental health problems, oh pull yourself together!

Return to β€œTHE PUB”