Minkey

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
IanB

Re: Minkey

Post by IanB »

Speedy recovery mate.
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi mate

Glad to hear your on the mend just take it easy there are no medals for being a hero
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Get well soon sir
You are a great stalwart of this forum and we like reading or watching your travels and or views on bikes etc
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

thanks all just part of lifes rich pattern ..bobbing along silipped fell onto me hadlebars on the moutain bike tweaked summet inside and got a bad infection inside me bowl so one min im in the woods next min im in the hospital but they got it under control and im in pne peice they were contemplating i may need to have a bit removed but thankfully the drugs did their job and im clear of infection now

...im ok thanks .. just need to get a bit more fixed and ill be off again 8-) ...at the very least ill still be riding this year so it aint all bad but not going abroad just yet ..

..just recommisioned me old wee strom so may do a bit of uk touring while im getting fixed up not been to scotland for 10 years so thinking ill have a week up there later

..she lay there untouched for near two years since i retired i kept thinking i better get her sorted and sold ..but now she is going to come in handy .. 128k up and sad .........used as a shelf and coat rack for 18 months :lol:
....banged a new battery in and a rear bulb ....and she started first press ,,, got through the mot with no bother ....so a bit of tlc this week and she will be back in service ...ive bolted some old handlebars to the belly pan and made some spazzy leg rests al a harley , for a bit of comfort streaching room ..got to say me sargent seat is a change from me tall perches on the dirtbikes ... so feck off big bucket seat and spazzy leg rests should give me a bit distance resistance for a couple of months

its a novelty after riding 250s and 300s and 450s for so long 90mph is easy stable and effortless but weirdy i still prefer the little bikes on the road ?
....but out of all the adv bikes out there it must be the most usless off road machine ever given the tag of adventure ... :ugeek: thats probably a good thing just at the moment too but she has ohlins fitted and rides amazingly well for her age and milage ..the engine is as sweet as a nut still ..ive done nowt to it ...never check the valves anymore and the parkplugs went 80k without even being looked at until i finally did a big stripdown service not that long ago in miles ... tough bike for sure just hope standing hasnt perished stuff as it can do ?

thankds for you comments all very nice and appriciated .... see you out there soon 8-) thank you 8-)

ImageIMG_20190323_165442 by minkyhead56, on Flickr
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
herman

Post by herman »

Glad you are on the mend Steve. Talked to a customer today that had done the exact same thing infection included and she was in hospital for four weeks fighting it, came out and two weeks later her gall bladder is now giving up so watch for that joy mate if you have discomfort after fatty food. Take it easy old bean 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
WillS

Post by WillS »

Pleased to hear you are on the mend Steve, hope all goes ok.
Dangerous stuff that mountain biking :D
Take care and enjoy the tarmac fir a while...
Will

Return to “THE PUB”