helmet removal at filling staions

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Zookman

Re: helmet removal at filling staions

Post by Zookman »

I've never been asked to remove my lid at a petrol station....... But if i do, i'll just take the few seconds to remove it and carry on with my day without giving it a second thought.
I dont see the big deal about it at all. Its their business property and they can make whatever rules they like for whoever enters it.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I don't come across this very often, but I wouldn't remove my helmet....especially if I was told over a tannoy.....I'd just put the nozzle back and ride off...unlesss I was running on fumes!
You take your helmet off.....where do you put it whilst you're filling up.......balance it on the seat or over a mirror, then you have to carry it into the shop so someone doesn't nick it.
No chance, I'd rather use a garage that doesn't think I'm a thief just because I ride a motorbike.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

SteveW wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:14 pm I don't come across this very often, but I wouldn't remove my helmet....especially if I was told over a tannoy.....I'd just put the nozzle back and ride off...unlesss I was running on fumes!
You take your helmet off.....where do you put it whilst you're filling up.......balance it on the seat or over a mirror, then you have to carry it into the shop so someone doesn't nick it.
No chance, I'd rather use a garage that doesn't think I'm a thief just because I ride a motorbike.
But with your helmet on, you have no peripheral vision to see the bike being slung in the back of a van.
Do you always use the steering lock in a filling station?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
prg4967

Post by prg4967 »

Life’s to short to worry about it..it’s their garage they can have whatever rules they want..they could only serve red bikes and blue cars...just go and get your fuel elsewhere...no big deal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

DavidS wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:03 pm
SteveW wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:14 pm I don't come across this very often, but I wouldn't remove my helmet....especially if I was told over a tannoy.....I'd just put the nozzle back and ride off...unlesss I was running on fumes!
But with your helmet on, you have no peripheral vision to see the bike being slung in the back of a van.
I seldom use my steering lock unless I'm leaving my bike somewhere unattended for a long time.
I think I'd notice if my bike was being nicked.
Wearing a helmet would give me a big advantage when I waded in to the scrotes, I once head-butted someone whilst I was wearing a helmet.....it had quite an effect!
Anyhow, this is about me stealing petrol isn't it?
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

SteveW wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 pm
DavidS wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:03 pm
I seldom use my steering lock unless I'm leaving my bike somewhere unattended for a long time.
I think I'd notice if my bike was being nicked.
Wearing a helmet would give me a big advantage when I waded in to the scrotes, I once head-butted someone whilst I was wearing a helmet.....it had quite an effect!
Anyhow, this is about me stealing petrol isn't it?
Well, I think it is , but they have wrapped it up in an age recognition thing that is all the law allows!--and I've said before we have a choice--either comply or go elsewhere--and I agree on the helmet storage thing. I guess if I had plenty of time I would walk into the cubicle, take my helmet off and ask them to look after it, go back out, fill up carefully, go back in, put my helmet on, and then pay. However, the real question is can I be bothered to stand up for common sense? I'm still waiting for a response on niqab removal !. If nothing else its hopefully made them think a little bit and maybe, just maybe, there are other bikers out there also making a bit of a stand.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Hilarious to see this come up again (and again)

Last time I said that I would just put the pump back and go elsewhere

And one of our dear members said that I was too full of my own self-importance LOL

It is a free world fortunately ... so I will just go elsewhere.

No point arguing with the person behind the counter as they are not likely to be the one making the rules
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

I got asked to remove my helmet the other day. It was an authentic roman centurions helmet, I took it off but I would not relinquish my sword. I filled up my chariot, paid them 10 denarium and went off to battle!
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

If anyone wants to experience the being hollered at over the tanoy by a shouty bloke who's assumed you're a thief try Morrisons of Leominster, Herefordshire.
They won't let down 👍
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

ggp59 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 pm If anyone wants to experience the being hollered at over the tanoy by a shouty bloke who's assumed you're a thief try Morrisons of Leominster, Herefordshire.
They won't let down 👍
What makes you think he's assumed you're a thief ?
That seems an assumption in itself.

Return to “THE PUB”