Asked not to put a bike in a car space at work

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Asked not to put a bike in a car space at work

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I recall once seeing a couple of guys park their car in our private work car park and go off to another building. I had a quick word with the facilities manager and we dropped the barrier and locked it.
When they returned, they demanded that the barrier be unlocked and raised, so they could get their cars out: no please, not sorry.
They were told that the barrier would stay down until 5:30...they started on about they had to be at a certain place before then.
They were directed to the bus stops at the end of the road.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

When our carpark got congested they changed the parking spaces closest to the entrance to 'car share' only. So pick up a colleague on the way to work and you get to park right near the door. Worked well.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Wipe dog shit under the door handle of the Bentley
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Not really sorted, the director tried to broach the subject with the MD to see if it was OK to use the plinth.
Apparently he went off on one and stormed off even before he actually got round to asking about parking a bike on the plinth!!
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Sounds like he has mental health issues, or the company is struggling.

Either way, if he can't be businesslike, is there any point in working for him?

He sounds like the find of guy who makes bad decisions, won't listen to advice etc.

Good luck, anyway.
Trev

Post by Trev »

vRSG60 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:52 am Common sense may have prevailed. I've had a word with one of the directors who's less of a twat than the MD but still a twat and asked him to explain the situation.
I just don't get why people work for others they think are twats, it makes no sense on so many levels. Either go get a job for someone you respect and would want to work for or start your own business and become the boss you think others deserve.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Maybe
Trev wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 am
I just don't get why people work for others they think are twats, it makes no sense on so many levels. Either go get a job for someone you respect and would want to work for or start your own business and become the boss you think others deserve.
Maybe that is how the current MD is thinking. :lol: :lol:
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

This might be a bit different But the first time i went to work in the workshop in Birmingham on my bike i parked right in front of the offices thinking it would be safer

But oh no come 0830 when all the office staff come in,

You guessed it i had the 2 main men at the time come straight down the workshop and ordered the bike is to be brought inside so it stays dry and safe, that was 17 years ago and its still comes inside even with all the new managment
Some you win some you don’t i would personally tell to go forth and multiply
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:45 am Sounds like he has mental health issues, or the company is struggling.

Either way, if he can't be businesslike, is there any point in working for him?
It's close to home, decent money and I finish at 11am on Friday (40 hr week).
Other than that there's a lot to dislike.

Believe it or not. He's a multi millionaire having built the company up then sold it on. He's now employed rather than the owner.
Alongside his Bentley he also has a Gullwing Merc a Rolls Royce Raith and God knows what else.
Trev wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 am I just don't get why people work for others they think are twats, it makes no sense on so many levels. Either go get a job for someone you respect and would want to work for or start your own business and become the boss you think others deserve.
Contract work is a solution. I'm waiting for the right opportunity to arise then I'm off.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
jasperthedog

Post by jasperthedog »

Many years ago I turned up to my first day of work at new job on my bike to be greeted by the MD asking where I intend to park my bike.
There was a shared car park at the unit so I said chained up outside here. He was not happy with that that and would be safer inside out of the rain.
But being top floor 3 units up would cause an issue, let me have a think he's says!
Within a fortnight he had a gantry built along with electric hoist, and every day for 10 years my bike was hoisted up and down the outside of the building for safe keeping.

Return to “THE PUB”