2019... Whats everyone up too.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
VR_Rider

2019... Whats everyone up too.

Post by VR_Rider »

So having a clear out of all my bike gear as I no longer have a motorbike and soon will have no room for one once the wife get her fiat 500. My own plans for this year still involve two wheels but pedal powered!

Got me wondering, partly out off misty eyed memories from my biking trips , what people have planned for their two wheels (with engines) adventures. Feels a little strange clearing out the bike gear even though it will be 3 years this March since I have ridden a motorbike.
daveuprite

Re: 2019... Whats everyone up too.

Post by daveuprite »

Right now concentrating mainly on drugs. Plenty of alcohol, bit of weed, lots of cocodamol for my chronic back ache.

Otherwise, getting the Beta ready for more fun and games in the dirt. Today was air filter change, engine oil change and gearbox oil change, plus a good old clean... All ready for the next day in the muck. Hooray!
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Blimey Dave, easy now on the servicing son, ......if your prepping Peter the beta, best I get a date together, I'll have a word with caterer and social secretary :D
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Just a few camping weekends, spur of the moment, 3 weeks in France and further afield and ferry booked. Have another K100 coming that needs brakes overhaul but is otherwise a perfect 29k mile 1983 classic. Two of my other Ks need timing chains so they will get done in their turn. Just got a load of parts so have all that's needed. Plus side is I haven't used the car in 2 years.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
Trev

Post by Trev »

Got new tyres, chain, sprockets, pads, filters and oil ready and waiting to go onto the AT as soon as my new chain splitter/riveter arrives. Also need to put new piston & rings in the X7 (a hole appeared in the last one :( ) + sort out jetting and drop the KDX down to our local dirt bike guy who is going to give it a total refurb, apart from cosmetics. It's been on my 'to do' list for the last five years but work, life and riding other bikes keeps getting in the way so time to face facts and let a pro sort before I fianlly get too fat to be able to ride it!

Riding wise, enjoying the quieter roads, lanes and tracks this time of year. Only decent trip booked so far is NW Scotland early April (fingers and toes crossed for half ok weather, it was good same tiem 2 years ago) hoping to get some time on O. Hebrides, maybe even to Shetland. Hoping to book three weeks end of Sept to get down to Soutner Spain but usual give and take of holidays with others getting in the way.

Jsut ot keep thigns real I've got a track day booked in June for the old gixer but that needs brakes and a tune up/good thrashing so need to get some road miles on it first.

Enjoy your new cycling adventure, I've just got myself a Giant E bike to try and get my fat arse commuting on a treader, it's 26 miles and takes me ages 'unsupporeted' so it happens once or twice a month at most, hopefully I'll do it a lot more and get msyelf a bit less unfit
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I’m hoping to carry on living the dream.

We arrived in New Zealand yesterday afternoon. As our bikes are still waiting to get shipped from Australia we’ve hired a car.
Fingers crossed our trusty steeds will arrive towards the end of January and we can have 3 months enjoying NZ.....before we send the bikes to Texas, meet them, greet them and carry on.

That’s the basic plan....plans can change though.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your motorbikes.

This year I have a huge list of challenges to do but the biking ones are to do at least 6000 miles taking in the following:

Bottom half of UK TET or top half of France TET.

41 nights under canvas.

12 castles visits.

12 wild swims.

I'm hoping for another hot summer :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Lofoten.....

Alps......

A visit to PIF.....

New Zealand at the end of the year to finish my tour off

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
OB1

Post by OB1 »

2019 will be a year of preparation for the big trip in 2020.

We're picking up a pair of new bikes in a couple of weeks... it would have been next weekend if we hadn't already booked to go to the Adventure Travel Show in London. Once those arrive, it'll really feel like things are happening.

We're booked in to go to the HUBB UK and we're planning a little jaunt down through France to Andorra to get some practice in. I'm sure that there will be plenty more weekends camping and trail riding through Thetford Forest. Hopefully meet up with some friends that I haven't seen for a couple of years at the Thetford Safari.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

Sounds like their is lots planned for 2019, interesting hearing what people are up too.

My own goals for this year are cycle related.

cover 1000 miles this.

Cover 50 miles on one ride

Find my climbing legs!

I would also like to maybe have a long weekend away cycling in the UK. Tempted to do coast to coast at the narrow bit.

Return to “THE PUB”