NEC Bike show today

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Oblix

NEC Bike show today

Post by Oblix »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:The sad thing is, it's probably a really nice bike to ride (but not in the rain because you would get dirty water off the back tyre running down your neck.

But, call me old-fashioned, if I'm buying a new bike, I'd rather have one that didn't look like it had been crashed already.
I dont know anyone that has one, and i’ve not seen one on the road, i think they’re calling it the cafe racer, which is aimed at the bloke that rides in a suit, in perfect weather conditions and the bike sleeps as a feature in the corner of a contemporary living room. Considering the uk weather, it’ll be taken out to play 3 times a year. Something the adventurers with bikes in garages will never understand..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zookman

Re: NEC Bike show today

Post by Zookman »

Does anyone know if the new Honda CB500X was there ?
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

I'm off to the show tomorrow, so might conceivably change my mind when I see it in the flesh, but.....

also from Husqvarna, I offer the Svartpilen, even uglier than its ugly sister the Vitpilen.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=136 ... omeX-9s1Q8

(I don't understand how the designers could forget the back wheel, but clearly they did ...... looks as though someone stuck it on with Blutac, only roughly in the right place, somewhere near the end of the production line)
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Zookman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 pm Does anyone know if the new Honda CB500X was there ?
Someone on the cb500x forum said they'd looked at it there.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
UKJeeper

Post by UKJeeper »

Zookman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 pm Does anyone know if the new Honda CB500X was there ?
It was. In fact there were two. Sat on both. Definitely see the changes. And a good price, £6069.

Zookman

Post by Zookman »

UKJeeper wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:43 pm
It was. In fact there were two. Sat on both. Definitely see the changes. And a good price, £6069.

Nice one.... good to see there's no big mark up on the old model.
Its a bike i could be interested in buying when its out in a few months.
UKJeeper

Post by UKJeeper »

Zookman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 pm
It's a good bike I've got the 2017. Bought it in April this year, and put just under 20,000 miles on it so far. Some consider it a bit... 'Mondeo' (bland, ubiquitous, vanilla), but it's just an honest straightforward scoot. That happens to also be a damn good ADV bike on the quiet.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Oblix wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:37 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:The sad thing is, it's probably a really nice bike to ride (but not in the rain because you would get dirty water off the back tyre running down your neck.

But, call me old-fashioned, if I'm buying a new bike, I'd rather have one that didn't look like it had been crashed already.
I dont know anyone that has one, and i’ve not seen one on the road, i think they’re calling it the cafe racer, which is aimed at the bloke that rides in a suit, in perfect weather conditions and the bike sleeps as a feature in the corner of a contemporary living room. Considering the uk weather, it’ll be taken out to play 3 times a year. Something the adventurers with bikes in garages will never understand..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a friend who has one which he rides all year round in all weather... he's also looking at buying the KTM 790 Adventure next year.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

UKJeeper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:09 am
Zookman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 pm
It's a good bike I've got the 2017. Bought it in April this year, and put just under 20,000 miles on it so far. Some consider it a bit... 'Mondeo' (bland, ubiquitous, vanilla), but it's just an honest straightforward scoot. That happens to also be a damn good ADV bike on the quiet.
Yes they are good bikes. I had one as a courtesy bike years ago and was surprised how well it went.
I want to chop in my 17 CRF250L for a more road orientated adventure bike, but dont want anything over 200 kilos. I quite liked the Versys X300, they go really well, but i think this new CB500X with the few changes they've made will suit me better.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Watched some of it on the TV and have to say i really liked the new GS1250 Rallye with the gold wheels and also the Versys 1000 looked very nice compared to the 2 previous versions,i can't see that Nikken thing Yamaha's making selling well but it takes allsorts i suppose.

8-)

Return to “THE PUB”