Thanks DHL, ya ba*tards...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Thanks DHL, ya ba*tards...

Post by daveuprite »

OK, so to cut a long story short...

2 weeks ago I chucked my bike up a tree and when it landed it destroyed the rear end which had been kind of kept together with zip-ties.

So I stripped it all down and ordered the new parts from Beta, including a whole new undertray/airbox unit, mudguard and number plate holder. I already have a spare set of upper bodywork ready to fit.

Everything ordered, the parts were packed and ready for DHL to collect 11 days ago. I paid 32 Euros postage. DHL pick them up 3 days ago!!

According to the tracker, they are now somewhere on the German border with France, going nowhere on a Sunday.

Which means:

I didn't get to rebuild the bike in time to go out with the lads today.

I didn't get to have a great time on Nick's superb trails in Perigord National Park, on a beautiful bright 16 degree day in November.

I picked up dogshit in the garden and then mowed the lawn instead.

I am now crying into my dry white wine.

Thanks DHL, ya bast*rds.

BUT:

Knowing my luck, if my bike had been freshly rebuilt and ready, I would have just smashed it into another tree and buggered it all up again...
chunky butt

Re: Thanks DHL, ya ba*tards...

Post by chunky butt »

DHL....bastards. Your probably right Dave about mullering it :lol: but on the bright side, it won't need repairing before Phil's, assuming the parts arrive. :D
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

I feel your pain Dave... :cry:

I could lie and say that you missed a thoroughly tedious day out on 95 km of chemins today in less than ideal conditions and nobody seemed to enjoy it, certainly not me....glad it's over... :roll:

but I suspect you would see through the deceit... ?

On the plus side for those that did turn up we didn't have to put up with that nob who does daft things like chuck his bike up trees...

Hope you get sorted for the next time... :D
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Who did you order the Beta bits from btw ? So that I know to avoid them..
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Nico-D wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:04 pm Who did you order the Beta bits from btw ? So that I know to avoid them..
Well, the local concession is AZMoto in Brive, but I've had problems with them in the past, so I got to trust Munster Motos in Germany, who generally do get the parts out quickly. And this is probably not their fault at all. It's DHL who dragged their feet.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Stop whinging you english reprabate....or we Germans will invade Francd again...... :o :lol: break any glasses recently :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tramp wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:08 pm Stop whinging you english reprabate....or we Germans will invade Francd again...... :o :lol: break any glasses recently :D
Yes, I still break glasses all the time Russ. Something to do with alcohol and other drugs...

Don't mention the war.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

It’s all Brexit’s fault. ;) :D
Just think that 20 years ago you would have had to drive to a dealer, give them your list, which they write down wrong, wait three weeks, go back to the dealer, argue about the wrong bits, wait another three weeks etc etc.
Now we get the wrong bits in a few days....or not at all.

Couriers are an odd lot and I feel your pain - we waited ages for a next day delivery of three tins of emulsion. After complaining, Wickes sent three more and then 5 were delivered, one of which had a damaged lid and some leaked paint. We assume the couriers had a recoloured floor from the other tin that was presumably trashed.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I once ordered a washing machine part for delivery by DHL.

It didn't turn up. I contacted the supplier, who assured me it had been delivered. I contacted DHL, who said they had delivered it, but admitted that the delivery hadn't been made to my house and they didn't know where they had delivered it, or who had signed for it.

In the logistics industry DHL is known as "Dropped, Hidden or Lost".
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

DavidS wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:46 pm It’s all Brexit’s fault. ;) :D
Just think that 20 years ago you would have had to drive to a dealer, give them your list, which they write down wrong, wait three weeks, go back to the dealer, argue about the wrong bits, wait another three weeks etc etc.
Now we get the wrong bits in a few days....or not at all.

Couriers are an odd lot and I feel your pain - we waited ages for a next day delivery of three tins of emulsion. After complaining, Wickes sent three more and then 5 were delivered, one of which had a damaged lid and some leaked paint. We assume the couriers had a recoloured floor from the other tin that was presumably trashed.
Absolutely fair point (first para). My moan is definitely a first world problem.

Re. your paint trouble, I hope it wasn't too emulsional.... ;)

Return to “THE PUB”