The good the bad & **********

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
clutchspring

The good the bad & **********

Post by clutchspring »

I'm taking a bout the insurance companies , what I'd like is forum members experiences on when they have had to make a claim !
I'm not interested in the run around at renual time as most of us go through this year in year out.
Interested in accident claims & claims for foreign brake down cover, I'm with Carole Nash at the moment & have been with them for quite a few years but I think a change is long overdue.

Thanks
Ian
Cone

Re: The good the bad & **********

Post by Cone »

Bennett’s they’ve been good including through a claim

Although be careful about the t&cs on they’re additions as the helmet and leather cover only works if your at full fault or solo accident. Otherwise they expect the other side to pay out and if you’re partly to blame you don’t get value back!
roberteagle6

Post by roberteagle6 »

Hi, I have broken down on 2 separate occasions in Europe whilst being insured with Carole Nash and they were superb.
Worth noting if you do shop around, with CN if you are unable to ride, they will repatriate the bike for you - whilst riding with a buddy he broke his collar bone but the bike was ok, his recovery insurance refused to assist as the bike was ok !
herman

Post by herman »

AXA which unfortunately have become big players now. We had a claim agreed all sorted against a third party, their customer and a cheque on the way to us was promised, again and again and again. Oddly when we issued a court date to them for non payment it turned up within a couple of days. I can only assume it was their policy to take it to the wire, however, my wife was off work and undergoing back surgery so my sense of the 'game' was a little stretched. Arsewipes the lot of em.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

I've been With Bikesure for 9yrs, they are a broker and most years I've been covered by Adrian Flux. One claim for theft took 4 weeks to get sorted which was normal. I had an accident and wrote off my ZX6, I was amazed how quickly it was sorted, it was my fault so no one else to deal with but I received a cheque in 8 days after the accident. My only criticism is the fact they play the renewal game, £200 more than the previous year but when you ring up they are competitive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Thanks for all the replies so far , keep em coming,

Ian :D
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I've been with Carole Nash for ages--3 bikes and a van. They can try it on but are generally competitive--and a big plus is their European breakdown cover. I was filtering carefully down the outside of stationary traffic last Sunday on the A43 near Stamford and an old idiot in an old Polo decided that he couldn't wait and did a sharp exit from the queue attempting a U turn just a few metres ahead. Now if he had seen me (which he apparently didn't), done a glance over his shoulder etc and stopped then all would have been ok--but he kept turning and despite my best efforts I hit him a glancing blow IN THE OPPOSITE LANE and finished up in the opposite curb on my side. The bike (a 1050 tiger) is a mess--all the front fairing , lights and plastic cracked, crash bar and gear lever bent, the alt case holed (it lost all its oil--and only caught the rear of his front wing sill--delicate case!), pannier smashed and so on. The frame and bars etc are all straight but I fear that it will be a write off, especially if the alternator/crank is damaged. Anyway, after a long chat with CN on Monday, and again with the appointed assessors/repairers Plantec (who reckon the third party is totally at fault--not prompted!), the bike was unceremoniously loaded today (thursday) for shipment by Copart (from my home as I recovered the bike myself being local--it fits in my Fiat Scudo wheelchair ambulance even with a tall screen!))--the point being that thats not bad as I only got through to them on Monday morning. We'll see what the verdict is--at least I'm walking wounded--could have been a lot worse. I'm also on protected no claims and excess so hopefully it will not cost me any more than the difference between what it might go for on fleabay and what they think its worth. What I didn't realise was that I have to declare an "accident", even on my van policy, even if it wasn't my fault--and I bet that has a premium effect--of course I'll fight it if it does--after 19 years of no claims bonus!
cowling

Post by cowling »

Sorry to hear that Chris, main thing is your alright, it was lovely your tiger, but that can be replaced.
Jack the Builder

Post by Jack the Builder »

Hello

I was involved in a head on collision in 2014. The car driver lost control of his car and crossed in to my lane and hit me. I didn't have legal protection so it was a no win no fee case around the compensation. My Insurance company paid out for the bike very quickly and took action to reclaim the cost from the other party. I do notify insurance companies that I have had an accident (not my fault) and this is all backed up by notification from my original insurance. All I can add is that my insurance hasn't gone up any, car, van or bike. The one thing I would say, I wouldn't go with the solicitors my insurance recommended. (I hope I never have to :mrgreen: )

cheerio
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

cowling wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:57 pm Sorry to hear that Chris, main thing is your alright, it was lovely your tiger, but that can be replaced.
Thanks for that--nice blue and bruised left leg (it was between the bike and the car)--fortunately good boots and armour probably saved me from something much worse. Of course I still have the 250s to use and the old BM for any long trips--and its Winter! I guess its simply a case of waiting to see what they decide. I think they will rebuild it if its viable and charge the 3rd party's insurance (but I did a quick estimate and its marginal--at new Triumph parts prices). I could have had an equivalent hire bike, but really couldn't justify it as it wouldn't get that much use. Haven't forgotten your side panel protector--but remind me nearer the date.

Return to “THE PUB”