speeding ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
skidlydog

Re: speeding ?

Post by skidlydog »

Thankyou all for your input.i will keep my eye out for the dreaded brown envelope popping thro the door ........or maybe not .......?
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Yes as others have said they snap your rear plate as you go past.
Which is why on three occasions when I think I've been pinged over the limit, I've stopped before I reach the van, I dismount and cover my number plate with a helmet cover, pull the draw string tight, execute a "U turn" then nip down a side street or similar and remove the cover.
Work's for me!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveW wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:38 pm Yes as others have said they snap your rear plate as you go past.
Which is why on three occasions when I think I've been pinged over the limit, I've stopped before I reach the van, I dismount and cover my number plate with a helmet cover, pull the draw string tight, execute a "U turn" then nip down a side street or similar and remove the cover.
Work's for me!
Perjury that is though, carries 1-3 years in prison

Best not to do that...........

In Yorkshire they are tracking offenders who do that, using ANPR along the route of travel to convict you
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 pm
SteveW wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:38 pm Yes as others have said they snap your rear plate as you go past.
Work's for me!

In Yorkshire they are tracking offenders who do that, using ANPR along the route of travel to convict you
Don't you mean "Them" rather than "you" I've never been convicted of Perjury.
You are a drama Queen Johnny :D
johnnyboxer

speeding ?

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveW wrote:
Work's for me!

Don't you mean "Them" rather than "you" I've never been convicted of Perjury.
You are a drama Queen Johnny Image
No drama

2 riders have been done for covering their number plates and U turns as you describe by North Yorkshire Police this year
They got suspended prison sentences for perjury
The police went to quite a degree to track them down - just to make an example of them as a warning to others
North Yorkshire Police have some very sophisticated camera vans - much cleverer than some of the other force vans
I was done last year and the camera wasn't even facing me - they have other 360 degree cameras linked to the main camera ( I have a couple of mates in the force )

With money we don't have

Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I think the old adage goes along the lines of, "if one can't do the time then don't do the crime" :roll:

Simples, as they say on a certain advert :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Work's for me!

Is in not perverting the course of justice, as you haven't made an oath?
simonw

Post by simonw »

I think the act of covering the number plate would be attempting to pervert the course of justice, and then lying about doing so in court would be perjury. Either way, justice often seems more focused on preserving the sanctity of justice than the related offence, and so the penalties can be relatively high. (As in the case of the chap who killed a moped rider then tried to pretend the repairs to his car necessary after the event were in fact due to him hitting a badger. If I remember correctly he was sentenced to 4 years for the driving offence and 3 years for perverting the course of justice, which on balance seems a little odd.)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Yes. Covering up (no pun intended) an offence is the perverting charge. Lying in court is the perjury charge.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Scott_rider wrote:Yes. Covering up (no pun intended) an offence is the perverting charge. Lying in court is the perjury charge.
Ok
It was perverting I meant
Sorry for the error
Story true, Police published details of riders that they successfully prosecuted for perverting

With money we don't have

Return to “THE PUB”