speeding ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Scott_rider
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:47 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by Scott_rider » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Traffic plod really don’t like anyone who tries to pervert the course of justice. Unfortunately me and a mate got cautioned for it in 1993.
Honda CBF1000A...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
smudger272
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 4:41 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by smudger272 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:09 am

Better of having no number plate on at all it carries just a fine no points

redbikejohn
Posts: 1999
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by redbikejohn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:16 am

Scott_rider wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:43 pm
Traffic plod really don’t like anyone who tries to pervert the course of justice. Unfortunately me and a mate got cautioned for it in 1993.
Yea but you've got off several big ones lol!

Never ceases to amaze me the lengths the police will go to catch speeders or those trying to get anyway with speeding. While the general public view their willingness to catch 'real criminals' as lacking.
XT660Z



Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).

redbikejohn
Posts: 1999
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by redbikejohn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:17 am

By the way was that the small plate on enduro bike in car park bollox?
XT660Z



Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).

Scott_rider
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:47 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by Scott_rider » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm

redbikejohn wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:17 am
By the way was that the small plate on enduro bike in car park bollox?
...RBJ, do you remember we got nicked for that on the Ridgeway several years ago (when it was open)? :( £60 each and there were 6 of us if I remember correctly :( .
Honda CBF1000A...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

threepot
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by threepot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm

johnnyboxer wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:54 am
SteveW wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 pm
SteveW wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:38 pm
Yes as others have said they snap your rear plate as you go past.
Which is why on three occasions when I think I've been pinged over the limit, I've stopped before I reach the van, I dismount and cover my number plate with a helmet cover, pull the draw string tight, execute a "U turn" then nip down a side street or similar and remove the cover.
Work's for me!
Perjury that is though, carries 1-3 years in prison

Best not to do that...........

In Yorkshire they are tracking offenders who do that, using ANPR along the route of travel to convict you
Don't you mean "Them" rather than "you" I've never been convicted of Perjury.
You are a drama Queen Johnny
No drama

2 riders have been done for covering their number plates and U turns as you describe by North Yorkshire Police this year
They got suspended prison sentences for perjury
The police went to quite a degree to track them down - just to make an example of them as a warning to others
North Yorkshire Police have some very sophisticated camera vans - much cleverer than some of the other force vans
I was done last year and the camera wasn't even facing me - they have other 360 degree cameras linked to the main camera ( I have a couple of mates in the force )
Ask your mates why they never seem to use these 'safety' vans outside schools etc?

johnnyboxer
Posts: 7110
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by johnnyboxer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:36 pm

threepot wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Ask your mates why they never seem to use these 'safety' vans outside schools etc?
No money in it :shock: :roll:
We buy things we don't need



With money we don't have



To impress people we don't even like

threepot
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by threepot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 pm

johnnyboxer wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:36 pm
threepot wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Ask your mates why they never seem to use these 'safety' vans outside schools etc?
No money in it :shock: :roll:
Agree!. I passed one recently on the B4300 into Ffairfach,Llandeilo. A long straight,just fields,and sheep either side of the road! A quarter of a mile further on there is a brand new college,with 30 and 20 limits😠

Nigel
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: speeding ?

Post by Nigel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:21 pm

threepot wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 pm
johnnyboxer wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:36 pm
threepot wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Ask your mates why they never seem to use these 'safety' vans outside schools etc?
No money in it :shock: :roll:
Agree!. I passed one recently on the B4300 into Ffairfach,Llandeilo. A long straight,just fields,and sheep either side of the road! A quarter of a mile further on there is a brand new college,with 30 and 20 limits😠
Yep, got done on a long straight 1 mile outside 40 limit into which everyone speeds, work at a school next to main road with 40 limit which is frequently broken.

Post Reply

Return to “THE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IanB and 40 guests