abr clock wrong

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
HedgeHopper

Re: abr clock wrong

Post by HedgeHopper »

The clock is not wrong, it simply is relative to whether you have a 0, +, or - GMT offset in your settings
YOUR personal clock on your wrist/mobile/whatever is likely still on BST which is GMT+1 and your setting in your ABR profile is no doubt left at the default GMT. setting

Actually Tramp, this raises a question, are Lorry Tachos permanently set to GMT/UTC/ZULU, or do they follow the UK summer offset?
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Truck Tacho follow the official time in the country that they are registered.

Well that was the case the 20 years ago anyway.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

When you say "official Time" for a country, do you mean Local Time ?, as in whatever Time zone the country is located in?

I don't know how that would work for a truck registered in America or even more so Russia whose breadth encompasses several time zones, do they pick a time zone in the middle and set the Tach to that?.

Aviation sticks to GMT/UTC/ZULU (all the same thing) as it makes things much simpler when travelling large distances as working to different time zones that also may or may not use a Daylight saving offset makes estimating times to waypoints and arrivals etc a right PITA, I suppose as long as the lorries stick to one zone or another as a reference point it really doesnt matter what one they use, just wondered

Return to “THE PUB”