UK driving licence 'may not be valid in EU'

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Shwsh

Re: UK driving licence 'may not be valid in EU'

Post by Shwsh »

I voted leave because I was fed up seeing half the house of commons/lords sleeping/dozing while various debates and decision making was going on.
A perfect way to wake the feckers up and get on with some bloody work for a change.
And indeed, a swift kick up the pants is exactly what they got. Lol
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Shwsh wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:46 pm I voted leave because I was fed up seeing half the house of commons/lords sleeping/dozing while various debates and decision making was going on.
A perfect way to wake the feckers up and get on with some bloody work for a change.
And indeed, a swift kick up the pants is exactly what they got. Lol

I guess that told them! :?
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Shwsh wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:46 pm I voted leave because I was fed up seeing half the house of commons/lords sleeping/dozing while various debates and decision making was going on.
And how well has that gone then?

Have your houses of commons and lords woken up and suddenly dedicated their every waking hour to the most pressing issue in generations? No.

Did they all cancel their summer holidays because they face as big an emergency as wartime in the 1940s? No.

Sorry, but 'wake up you feckers' was not on the ballot paper in 2016. So basically you voted for the wrong thing.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

This is not the 1940’s.
We are not all in danger of dying.
That is too hysterical I’m afraid.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

One thing I can never understand is, no matter how many times I raise an issue or lecture people on how stupid they are, they still have a different opinion to mine :roll: .
I blame the decades of Politicians who have repeatedly lied to the voters, led the Country in to unjust wars and allowed the precious 'financial services sector' to rob us blind whilst systematically filling their own boots. Eventually nobody knows when they are being told lies or truths.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
threepot

Post by threepot »

daveuprite,you seem to have plenty to say on Brexit? Anyway,how are things in France? You permanently living there now?
Shwsh

Post by Shwsh »

Lol. Some people get wound up so easily.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

threepot wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 pm daveuprite,you seem to have plenty to say on Brexit? Anyway,how are things in France? You permanently living there now?
Yep, lots to say about one of the most important issues in UK history.

Things are fine in France, thanks.

Been here 10.5 years now.

Any more questions about me?
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Shwsh wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 pm Lol. Some people get wound up so easily.

I don't see anyone getting wound up. Maybe I see things differently from you? Maybe I wouldn't cut off my nose to spite my face.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Trev

Post by Trev »

OB1 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:34 pm One thing that I have never understood was how could so many people who subscribe to an adventure motorcycle travel website be so vociferous about leaving an institution that allowed us to travel within the borders of 27 countries with little or no friction. I say 27, even though there are currently 28 countries in the EU, because you need to go through passport control to get out of or into the UK... because we refused the join the Schengen Zone... such is the control that the EU had over the UK.
Yup it's a puzzle alright but I guess there are many who were rallied by the cries of 'get our sovereignity back' and other such cobblers. Having to faff about with licences, borders and phone roaming is a pain in the ass but that's a minor issue compared to what many/most businesses are facing.

As a business owner I'm one of the people trying to minimise the impact on our business, the lives of 70 people we directly employ and the many more that will be indirectly affected such as family and other small businesses that we are a customer of....... and p-u-lease no one give me the scare mongering bollocks. We have already put off the decision to replace two retirees due the exchange rate plummet taking £100k of our bottom line and with the very real possibility of not being able to get the raw material we need if the border bungs up for a few weeks, it will, at best mean laying people off to try cut enough costs to get us through however long it is before we can produce again, at worst, end of business.

I suppose there are many who will take the Boris line of 'f*ck business', he doesn't need to do anything as grubby as work in a SME but what about the rest of the workforce that, like it or not, rely on 'businesses' to put food on the table?

Return to “THE PUB”