UK to miss out on cheaper motorcycles

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: UK to miss out on cheaper motorcycles

Post by Redmurty »

perhaps my history teacher wasn't so dumb after all :o

By Christopher Booker

So, as headlines scream that vain bids to save the euro threaten us with “Armageddon”, the EU’s ruling elite has toppled two more elected prime ministers, to replace them with technocratic officials who can be trusted to do Brussels’s bidding.

The new Greek prime minister, Lucas Papademos, was the man who, as head of Greece’s central bank, fiddled the figures to enable Greece to get into the euro (against the rules) in the first place – before being rewarded with a senior post in the European Central Bank. He is no more democratically elected than Mario Monti, who will most likely be Italy’s new prime minister and had hurriedly to be made a “senator for life” to qualify him for the job. Monti’s main qualification is that, as a former senior EU Commissioner, he has long been a member of the Brussels elite himself.

One of the few pleasures of watching this self-inflicted shambles unfolding day by day has been to see the panjandrums of the Today programme, James Naughtie and John Humphrys, at last beginning to ask whether the EU is a democratic institution. Had they studied the history of the object of their admiration, they might long ago have realised that the “European project” was never intended to be a democratic institution.

The idea first conceived back in the 1920s by two senior officials of the League of Nations – Jean Monnet and Arthur Salter, a British civil servant – was a United States of Europe, ruled by a government of unelected technocrats like themselves. Two things were anathema to them: nation states with the power of veto (which they had seen destroy the League of Nations) and any need to consult the wishes of the people in elections.

As Richard North and I showed in our book The Great Deception, this was the idea that Monnet put at the heart of the “project” from 1950 onwards, modelling his “government of Europe” on precisely the same four institutions that made up the League of Nations – a commission, a council of ministers, a parliament and a court. Thus, step by step over decades, Monnet’s technocratic dream has come to pass.

The events of last week were by no means the first time that an elected prime minister has been toppled by the Euro-elite. The most dramatic example, as we also showed in our book, was in 1990, when Mrs Thatcher had emerged as the biggest obstacle to the next great leap forward in their slow-motion coup d’etat, the Maastricht Treaty, creating the European Union and the single currency. Following her ambushing at a European Council in October 1990, when she was outnumbered 11 to one, the trap was sprung. An alliance between the European elite, led by Jacques Delors, and our own Tory Europhiles, led by Geoffrey Howe and Michael Heseltine, brought her down within weeks.

They had disposed of the greatest political obstacle to the onward march of their project just as ruthlessly as they were later to brush aside all those referendums expressing the objections of the French, the Dutch and the Irish to their Constitution. The one thing for which there has never been any place in their grand design is democracy.

whether you like it or not there was a democratic vote which returned a majority but of course we could go best of 3 or 5

cheers Spud
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Brenhden wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:09 pm
Pint Master wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:20 pm
Not 2000 years ago 96 years ago,Not Romans an Austrian called Kalergi,and what he'd do for us is Genocide.
Angela Merkel won the Kalergi prize in 2010 for furthering his aims.
This is quite interesting, never heard of this guys before so I thought I'd read up on him. He was worried about Russia taking control of Europe so came up with an idea of dividing the world into five countries, with Europe (and it's empires being one) and Britain and it's Empire being another. He was a Freemason and they backed his plan, I think because they wanted to rule the world. He was Austrian pacifist and Hitler hated him because he thought Kalergi's plan would leave Europe too weak to defend itself against America. Kalergi worked to unite Europe in a sort of EU. I think he only wanted Northern Africa and the middle East in Europe was because Spain and France had control of them and he knew they wouldn't like his plan if it didn't include their empires.

I can't believe through all the millions of words I've read about brexit in the last 4 year this guy has never cropped up before!
Brenhden this has been discussed before you've just missed mate, very interesting concept

cheers Spud ;)

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Sa ... ron_Salter

also worth a read

https://thereferist.files.wordpress.com ... eption.pdf

http://www.eureferendum.com/results.aspx?keyword=salter

you could also look into Monnet's initial actions re the coal and steel authority and that was to sieze as much as possible for France :shock:

Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement

and of course this had nothing to do whatsoever with Russia actions in the Ukraine and the Crimea

cheers Spud

Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Christopher Booker, eh?

https://www.desmogblog.com/christopher-booker

Clearly a man never to let evidence get in the way of his opinion.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

I reckon this piece of Filth tipped the vote in favour of leave.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Another peek into the crock of excrement coming our way...

https://news.sky.com/story/long-read-go ... y-11454929

Most of our food imports and exports are going to be caught in this

https://www.fdf.org.uk/eu-referendum-fo ... stics.aspx
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi, the original post mentioned the UK missing out on cheaper motorcycles. I think what has become apparent is that we are going to be paying a lot more for virtually everything when we leave. Give said it would take 30 years to see the benefits of leaving Rees Mogg says fifty years, neither of them mentioned these time scales prior to the referendum. I wonder how many people would have voted leave if they knew that even the architects of the Leave campaign believed that they would be poorer throughout their lifetimes.
Best start stockpiling bike spares now.
Cheers Jak
Richard Simpson Mark II

and food.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for out blue passports to come from France?

"oh the lorry is stuck in Customs because someone put a stamp in the wrong place on the carnet. We've sent a courier with fresh paperwork and he's at the back of a 50 km traffic jam."
Richard Simpson Mark II

Don't worry...everything will be alright after Brexit...probably...well possibly...just so long as we can do some kind of deal...maybe...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45019603
Richard Simpson Mark II

Jak* wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 am Hi, the original post mentioned the UK missing out on cheaper motorcycles. I think what has become apparent is that we are going to be paying a lot more for virtually everything when we leave. Give said it would take 30 years to see the benefits of leaving Rees Mogg says fifty years, neither of them mentioned these time scales prior to the referendum. I wonder how many people would have voted leave if they knew that even the architects of the Leave campaign believed that they would be poorer throughout their lifetimes.
Best start stockpiling bike spares now.
Cheers Jak
the benefits will come to Rees-Mogg rather sooner...it appears he's betting on the collapse of the UK economy.

Return to “THE PUB”