Annual insurance trawl...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Annual insurance trawl...

Post by garyboy »

ahh YES … just realised … the insurance companies, bless them, have already sussed this .. they know that one day the main bike will go/change and that you will have 0 ncd on all the others …. so you will have to pay less (ha ha, as if) .. I mean MORE
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Another rip off is admin, cancellation and policy change charges. They used to only be around £20 or even no charge in some cases.
Now, i'm increasingly seeing these charges get more & more expensive. I'm seeing £40 or £50 on top of what ever extra premium they want.
I try to change my bikes on the day my insurance ends, so that i dont get admin charges and am free to get competitive quotes for the new bike.
Its all become a game to try and stop them ripping you off.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I was quoted £75 for my second bike, online, thinking I had 2 years ncd
when I spoke to a `human person` (debatable term) I was put `right` and was charged £230+

I was afraid to carry out my wish to cancel ,, as I worried they would say THEY cancelled
putting it impossible to get a decent future quote??
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

That's why I stayed with Lynbrook they don't charge for bike changes etc etc.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
grmtylr

Post by grmtylr »

Zookman wrote:Another rip off is admin, cancellation and policy change charges. They used to only be around £20 or even no charge in some cases.
Now, i'm increasingly seeing these charges get more & more expensive. I'm seeing £40 or £50 on top of what ever extra premium they want.
I try to change my bikes on the day my insurance ends, so that i dont get admin charges and am free to get competitive quotes for the new bike.
I've been with Bemoto. They don't charge admin fees for any changes during the policy so you only pay any premium increases.
When I bought the AT I was going to sell my Triumph but they only wanted £50 a year extra to cover both bikes fully comp. Seemed like a no brainer keeping it Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Zookman

Post by Zookman »

grmtylr wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:25 am
Zookman wrote:Another rip off is admin, cancellation and policy change charges. They used to only be around £20 or even no charge in some cases.
I've been with Bemoto. They don't charge admin fees for any changes during the policy so you only pay any premium increases.
When I bought the AT I was going to sell my Triumph but they only wanted £50 a year extra to cover both bikes fully comp. Seemed like a no brainer keeping it Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Whenever i've tried to get quotes off insurance companies that dont charge admin fees, i've had quotes that are way above the price i can get elsewhere. It seems if they dont get you one way, they get you another way. Although Bemoto is a new one on me, so i'll try em when my next policies are due.
So i just go for the best price, depending on the company, and just make sure i dont give them reason to give me these extra charges.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

OK guys, settle down.
I’ve just had an insurance quote for the trusty F800GS. A six month policy for my British registered bike in the USA.

£6500!!! That right, SIX months for £6500.
A ten year old bike, no adverse claims or riding history. I’m not old old, but I certainly ain’t young.....£6500....F me!!
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

OnHellas wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:12 am OK guys, settle down.
I’ve just had an insurance quote for the trusty F800GS. A six month policy for my British registered bike in the USA.

£6500!!! That right, SIX months for £6500.
A ten year old bike, no adverse claims or riding history. I’m not old old, but I certainly ain’t young.....£6500....F me!!
That is mental.....
But i've heard insurance costs over there are crazy anyway. Being the country that invented compensation culture, plus the way health services are run there.

Return to “THE PUB”