Le Tour 2018

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
catcitrus

Re: Le Tour 2018

Post by catcitrus »

boboneleg wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:26 pm
SteveR wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 pm

ROFL!!! Soooo true. I was wondering on the best camera and support motor bikes for that stretch nowadays? Paris-Roubaix used to see a lot of Transalps :lol:
Well the gendarmes were on WR250's , not their usual BMW's :lol:
perfect bike for that--but I'm biased !---looks like Sky are creeping back into the GR reckoning.
RandG

Post by RandG »

Real dilemma for Sky now with Thomas being strong, though to be fair, he's been in this position before and blown up as he isn't as good a climber as Froome, what todays stage has done, barring disasters, give Sky another Tour victory cause the others teams can watch one man, they can't watch two.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

sorry chaps bike seems to be a lottery rather than a race best chemist wins

its tarnished beyond belief .... staggeringly its worse than i thought .....

i checked and was amazed ..

wikipedia says .....

14 of the 25 most recent winners (56%) have either failed tests or have confessed to have used doping. Together with those who failed tests but never sanctioned, 68% of the winners evidently used doping as detailed in the table below.

if ever a sport if you could call it that is in disgrace and does not deserve any support at all .....the sponsers and advertisers amaze me as its so dirty it beggers belief they want to be assosiated withit ...i aint no saint but cheats is all they are and the worlds bad ass enough without contaminaing kids with these jokers

i knew it was real bad just from the press but the real figures are shocking by any standards
a 68 percent hit rate for drug use by trhe winners ? ....aint no example to anyone imho ..they should ride em off beachy head and take their cheaty drugs with em :?:

i like me pushbike and i like cycling ...but the sport is fecked beyond the point of return ..it i think will always be a pub joke to the non lycra boys like the bearded soviat women used to be
no offence to any one or the thread ..i am a total anti drug person ..any any drug recreational or performance is wrong in my view and the cycling is surpassing the easten block athletes of the 70s ....i wish it wernt so but it is ..it must be a very sad sport to be involved with .for the few genuine riders but the mire is so deep now its hard to say who they may be
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

minkyhead wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 am
........... no offence to any one or the thread ..i am a total anti drug person ..any any drug recreational or performance is wrong in my view and the cycling is surpassing the easten block athletes of the 70s ....i wish it wernt so but it is ..it must be a very sad sport to be involved with .for the few genuine riders but the mire is so deep now its hard to say who they may be
No offence taken. ... still a good watch on the box though :)
RandG

Post by RandG »

minkyhead wrote:sorry chaps bike seems to be a lottery rather than a race best chemist wins

its tarnished beyond belief .... staggeringly its worse than i thought .....

i checked and was amazed ..

wikipedia says .....

14 of the 25 most recent winners (56%) have either failed tests or have confessed to have used doping. Together with those who failed tests but never sanctioned, 68% of the winners evidently used doping as detailed in the table below.

if ever a sport if you could call it that is in disgrace and does not deserve any support at all .....the sponsers and advertisers amaze me as its so dirty it beggers belief they want to be assosiated withit ...i aint no saint but cheats is all they are and the worlds bad ass enough without contaminaing kids with these jokers

i knew it was real bad just from the press but the real figures are shocking by any standards
a 68 percent hit rate for drug use by trhe winners ? ....aint no example to anyone imho ..they should ride em off beachy head and take their cheaty drugs with em :?:

i like me pushbike and i like cycling ...but the sport is fecked beyond the point of return ..it i think will always be a pub joke to the non lycra boys like the bearded soviat women used to be
no offence to any one or the thread ..i am a total anti drug person ..any any drug recreational or performance is wrong in my view and the cycling is surpassing the easten block athletes of the 70s ....i wish it wernt so but it is ..it must be a very sad sport to be involved with .for the few genuine riders but the mire is so deep now its hard to say who they may be
Do you like tennis/boxing/athletics/weightlifting???
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

]Do you like tennis/boxing/athletics/weightlifting???
[/quote]

no particularly athletics for the same reasons ..the olympic drug fest .. some spectacular cheats allowed to claim gold medels ..there no doubt other sports have had problems to a degree ...but cycling is numero uno i think ..im rugby/football guy

it aint all bad ..these guys need skill and courage ...drugs dont help when gravity is your method of propulsion

RandG

Post by RandG »

So you think those beefed up rugby players are clean do you ? Ah bless....
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

RandG wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 am So you think those beefed up rugby players are clean do you ? Ah bless....
Imagerugby tutus.jpg.gallery by minkyhead56, on Flickr
hampsterracing

Post by hampsterracing »

boboneleg wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:26 pm
SteveR wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 pm

ROFL!!! Soooo true. I was wondering on the best camera and support motor bikes for that stretch nowadays? Paris-Roubaix used to see a lot of Transalps :lol:
Well the gendarmes were on WR250's , not their usual BMW's :lol:
That is a very recent upgrade.they did have a fleet of ttr250's :)
XL700v 2010
xr250r 1991
East Devon
RandG

Post by RandG »

Fantastic stage up D'Huez with G winning in a sprint with Froome closed out in 3rd. Sky really do have a huge dilemma on their hands.

Return to “THE PUB”