paint garage floor

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

paint garage floor

Post by Tramp »

Okay we rent a house, garge floor had carpet down till i :o :o :o :o spilt petrol on itcwhen rebuilding the ccm :lol: ..so carpet went in bin.

Now the dust is driving me mad...whats the cheapest way to stop the dust....andquickest cause time is precious ...id prefer to slap some grey paint down so i can find them dropped bolts in future and wipe up my new made mess :D
diggermanbob

Re: paint garage floor

Post by diggermanbob »

Hi Russ , I think BOL painted his garage floor not that long ago so he might be worth a call ,
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

myself, I would brush the floor,
brush on some PVA sealer
allow to dry
fit cheap carpet tiles

heat insulation
plastic sheet under bike work area
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Yup Bob painted his a while back do a search there was a thread on it.
You can get a self leveling paint, go to B&Q they do some floor paints.
I would also take a run up to the carpet shop up by Netley Marsh have a look at vinyl or carpet roll ends you will cover your garage fairly cheaply . It will be quicker than painting it and waiting for it to dry. That carpet shop also does the stable mats might be another option.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I sealed mine with 50/50 mix water & PVA then painted it with floor paint using a roller for speed then covered most of the floor with rubber checker plate mat from eBay not cheap but I'm OCD about such things!!
I used the rubber mat as hot tyres pull the paint off the floor plus when you lay on the floor it's warmer :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Remember to start at the exit door and paint backwards until you reach the far corner...
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

lancashirelad wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:57 pm I used the rubber mat as hot tyres pull the paint off the floor plus when you lay on the floor it's warmer :D
You should stop falling off the bike in the Garage :D

Dont go for those interlocking foam tiles off ebay and the likes as rolling the bikes across them causes them to ripple,Go for the solid rubber tiles if your taking that route or PVA and carpet as long as you dont spill oil on it :oops:
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:18 am Remember to start at the exit door and paint backwards until you reach the far corner...
Wise words and good advice there ;) :geek:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

As he hasn't responded do you think the daft old bugger, couldn't wait for the collective experience and advice of the rest of the esteemed forum members, and he went ahead and just started painting. And now he has been stuck in the corner all night, no one to hear his cries as his missus is away with the dog, his phone on kitchen table next to his Easter egg.
Think someone ought to go round and rescue him before he turns into a gibbering mess resembling Volume wanting his precious Easter egg.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I got a phone call this morning from a construction mate of mine (well known for his `builder's bum`)
.. doing the same job, but spraying the floor with carpet adhesive ..
.. ... he has got his knees and scruffy beard well stuck to the floor.
Luckily he has his phone with him .. but I will not be going round to help, as I just hate queues 8-)

(I bet he feels an april fool)

Return to “THE PUB”