Brexit: one year to go...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
devon john

Re: Brexit: one year to go...

Post by devon john »

so many lies on both sides ,,,,, i voted back to join the common market ,,,,,,, and it turned into the EU ,,, without anyone having a say ,,

well they went to the people and we voted ,,, the out come was to leave ,, and thats whats going to happen ,

i know we will be better off without the EU and thank god we never accepted the euro ,,,

john
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Cancel it and stay in
Fecking shambles so far
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Spike941 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:56 am Fingers crossed that it all works out then, and soon. It won’t be long before I start thinking about my 2019 trip.
Must admit I was questioning my 2018 Eurotrip but think I might just push on regardless just in case added paperwork barriers place restrictions in 2019.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I think three things came out of it that are pretty sad:

1 It's absolute cut the country in half which I feel makes it not worth it.

2 it's shone a light on just how unrepresented a huge proportion of the UK feel and actually is. In a way this is a good thing but only if it leads to it being fixed.

3 It has enboldened the small precentage of the UK who are rascist and given them a dispoportionately loud voice.

I just hope trips to Europe don't get harder or more expensive. I'm hoping to retire there one day.
Last edited by Brenhden on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
GFJ1

Post by GFJ1 »

I was pulled out of the line coming out of austria on the motorway this morning (at Kuftstein). Just been on a family ski holiday; wife, two sons; family car with roofbox. Only UK reg car that i could see in the line. No apparent reason given for being chosen, and after a document check was sent on my way.

Never in 15 years or so have i been pulled on the continent. Got me thinking though . . . .
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

There is no plan to actually leave.

Where are the planning permission applications for the customs parking areas that would be needed around the Channel, Irish and North Sea ports?

Where are the sits vac adverts for the thousands of customs and border officials who will need to be recruited, screened,trained and housed before the hard borders go up?

The people will be told that we have left the European Union, and be given smart blue passports (printed in France), to 'prove' it.*

Won't that be nice?

But it will be business as usual...free movement of goods and people. We'll still be paying the same for our 'associate membership' and have nothing back...and no say in the rules Brussels will still impose on us.

* By the way...my old pre-EU UK passports weren't blue, they were black.

And the Government will sit on its hands while one of our oldest and most renowned engineering companies (GKN) gets sold to asset-strippers, broken up and flogged off to the Chinese, Russians and whoever else wants a cheap 'in' on a load of world-leading knowledge and technology.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

There is no plan to actually leave.

Where are the planning permission applications for the customs parking areas that would be needed around the Channel, Irish and North Sea ports?

Where are the sits vac adverts for the thousands of customs and border officials who will need to be recruited, screened,trained and housed before the hard borders go up?

The people will be told that we have left the European Union, and be given smart blue passports (printed in France), to 'prove' it.*

Won't that be nice?

But it will be business as usual...free movement of goods and people. We'll still be paying the same for our 'associate membership' and have nothing back...and no say in the rules Brussels will still impose on us.

* By the way...my old pre-EU UK passports weren't blue, they were black.

And the Government will sit on its hands while one of our oldest and most renowned engineering companies (GKN) gets sold to asset-strippers, broken up and flogged off to the Chinese, Russians and whoever else wants a cheap 'in' on a load of world-leading knowledge and technology.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

The only thing that seems certain is that it is a mess. I have just returned from a trip to Berlin and whilst there visited an exhibition about the EU. It is a great shame that the Remain campaign did not focus on the positive influences of the EU and spent so much time on the potential damage that would be caused by leaving. It is also a shame that the leave campaign did not explain how we were going to leave and what would be the genuine advantages and how long it would take for use to see these advantages. It is only relatively recently that Gove suggested it might take 30 years to realise the perceived advantages of leaving. How many people would have voted for that?
At the moment travel to and in Europe has definitely got more expensive, of course it may get cheaper in the future.
Unfortunately there does not seem to be any politician with the intelligence, honesty and character, on any side to lead us out the current mess.
Cheers Jak
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Given that the Referendum was a device to quieten Tory back benchers, you'd think that the Tories would have had a proper plan for Brexit before they called it or would have come up with a decent plan by now.
As it is, they just look like a bunch of incompetent chancers trying to wing it.
I am utterly ashamed of our politicians and wouldn't trust any of them to put my rubbish out.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Richard, I think your pretty near the mark with that post, it is going to be a Fake-Brexit, I voted Leave and would again, but we is being conned, between the whingers and corporate big business, Brexit is being made a deliberate failure and with it Democracy takes another kick in the teeth

Return to “THE PUB”