Life

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Life

Post by Redmurty »

I've been around and popped on a few occasions, but life literally has gotten in the way lately. :roll:

Work has been getting busier all year, planning for trips started and then abruptly stopped because life got put on hold as my father in law has a rare blood cancer and is expected to go visit his maker some time in the near future, was expected not to see the new year but the inconsiderate sod wont bugger off so I can sort a trip out. :? :shock:

I have literally turn down 6 trips this year so far,
1 to Iceland again,
2 a Tiger run to Ireland,
3. a trip to the states
, 4 the HISS including a visit to see a mate who has had a bike accident,
5. a trip with the Steve's and Father to the forbidden roads,
6 a trip down to my Niece in france where I was going to see PIF and drop off some tea bags.

Some of these trips would of been combined but literally everything is on hold just in case the Mrs has to jump on the next plane out of here, I've had a mate die, a younger nephew had an heart attack and a quad bypass. Daughter got engaged then severely hit my back account with a demand for help with a deposit on a house a couple of younger kids in the family have thrown wobblies and left full time education as they can't handle the stress :cry:

so it's been an interesting start to the new year, I feel the need for speed, :twisted: I think I have done a total of 200 miles in the last 5 month's ish

done more miles on my turbo trainer than I have my motorbikes :roll:

Murphy's law states "what can go wrong will go wrong" so even though the Mrs keeps telling me to sort a trip I know what will happen a soon as I do :?

Hope you all have had a decent new year

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Brenhden

Re: Life

Post by Brenhden »

Jeez man, tough times.

Stay strong, spring is nearly here :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Count your blessings ;) , you have your health, an understanding wife, money to help out your kids (worth more than any bike trip) and when your father-in-Law passes away you can go on your travels knowing you have taken care of the important stuff in life 8-) .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

had a tough summer last year ..illness in the family ..work problems ..bike was shipped flight booked but no go ....

things pass ..hang on in there
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Ah tis life, and family is family

I'll get my miles in eventually ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Dear Mr Murphy.
Just a note to let you know that you’re very loved and well thought of.
Regarding the jaunt to the French Balcony Roads, it’s not until the second half of May; the other three people that are going are very flexible (mentally, not physically), affable and fun to be with, so there’s no decision to actually be made until the 17th; when you either get on a ferry, or you don’t. They’d love you to be there, but are totally understanding if you aren’t, so dont write it off until the 16th (when you’d have to pack and make sure your bike starts.)
There’s still later in the year (Sept), when you and your friends can either do the lap of the Baltic that needs doing or change plans and visit PIF and Simon (HISS), as I said you’ve got totally flexible travelling partners (should you want them).
Yours Sincerely
Two Steves and a Father
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Thing about Ireland so many ferries you can be back in double quick time. If you feel like a little adventure you can be back in a few hours and some really good places along the east coast from North Antrim Coast around to Hook Head. Never more than 2 hours from a ferry!

I don't do off road but a few of us are going to France 26 May to 15 June and camping in Perigord Noir at St Leon sur Vezere on the Vezere river. You would probably arrive down to Limoges then to Brive/Perigueux and its about 20 minutes from there.

Welcome to toddle along, we have a municipal camp site we use and space for more tents on a lovely river bank site. Just turn up. Catcitrus from here was down with us last year and may also be back down. No need to commit to anything so you can do a last minute getaway, we only pay for the camp site as we use it and its got showers and facilities and in the village.

We also have friends down there so a little bit of fun too.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Redmurty wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 pm Ah tis life, and family is family

I'll get my miles in eventually ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Good to see your back anyway Spud. :D
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Hang in there Spud, better days are coming :D
one-legged adventurer
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Nice to have you back spud, was thinking you'd been quiet for a while....

Return to “THE PUB”