A & E Timewasters

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Shidosan

A & E Timewasters

Post by Shidosan »

An interesting article in my local paper shows that the cold spell caused a third less people attending A & E in Lancashire,
So are they as the headline says timewasting ??

link
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... pital_A_E/

You may have to copy the link to see the article

Cheers all
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
zimtim

Re: A & E Timewasters

Post by zimtim »

Having spent many hours in A&E over the years. I got to see a lot of time wasters,
A lot of people come to A&E because they have no common sense, no basic first aid skills and no patience to wait till they can either seek advice from the pharmacy or GP.

Saw one couple where the poor lass was suffering with major headache, severe diarrhea and nausea. She was convinced she had a brain tumor or worse, boyfriend was panicking call a her friends and family telling them all the drama and they had all better make their way up to the hospital to say their goodbyes as they were certainly convinced this her last day on earth.
The nurses did their checks and investigations. All the while this poor lass was convinced she was about to die.
Eventually a senior nurse came to them with the devastating news.
She had mild dehydration, accompanied with a mild food poisoning. All brought about by being out on the lash the night before having a few too many Guiness and a curry to celebrate St Patrick day.

I nearly pissed myself when the nurse told them
ggp59

Re: A & E Timewasters

Post by ggp59 »

I work with a bloke who never takes his child to a doctor (with every cough and sniffle) but always to A&E

When I asked why, he happily told me 'because children never have to wait there, and are always seen straight away' - making it quicker than making a doctor's appointment!!!

Then the git constantly moans about the NHS, not realising he's part of the problem :twisted:

Return to “THE PUB”