The British, We're a strange bunch.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveW

The British, We're a strange bunch.

Post by SteveW »

What other country would get it's knickers in a twist about a cyclist "bending" the rules?
Or it's charity workers paying to shag the locals?
I can't imagine most of our European Cousins giving a shit about a slightly dodgy asthma claim?
I'd guarantee Sir Bradly was just levelling the playing field.....they'd all have been at it.
What would the Italians, French, Dutch, Greeks or Germans think about their charity workers spreading the love in some grim backwater? They are helping the local economy and getting some quality downtime a long way from home.
The British obsession with "He touched my arse in 1978" has even spread over to America, a whole raft of successful Hollywood Multi millionaire Gold-diggers are getting all sensitive about how they landed their break-though film roles.
HedgeHopper

Re: The British, We're a strange bunch.

Post by HedgeHopper »

Does show a massive gap in integrity though when you compare the like of Wiggins to Roger Bannister (RIP), perhaps a reflection of social values of our time
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

So when does 'bending the rules' become cheating and 'paying to shag the locals' become abuse? I suppose that depends if you're the person on the positive or negative side of the immoral arrangement.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Paying a prostitute for sex has been a business transaction for thousands of years.....it's now morphed into abuse in the eyes of British.
Sportsmen and women have always bent the rules and pushed the boundaries.
I'm only surprised the four minute mile barrier wasn't broken in the 1870's, with the amount of cocaine the Victorians injected and snorted.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Britsh NGO's are a joke, puport to being charitable, helping the impoverished whilst wining and dining in first class accomodation, Oxfam is just the tip,of the iceberg, I have zero respect for them. However MSF (Medicine Sans Frontier) are a wholly ethical and worthwhile bunch, seen them in action in many many times over the years, Sierra Leone, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, hard grafters, working round the clock whilst the British charities retired each evening for dinner parties.

As for Wigo, hes a cheat and he knows it !
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I think Steve is bored and has started this thread for amusement ............ I can't seriously believe that he could uphold such low values.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Tonibe63 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 pm I think Steve is bored and has started this thread for amusement ............ I can't seriously believe that he could uphold such low values.
Haha, probably a big slice of truth in what you say....but I do think we beat ourselves up a bit.
I'm naturally rather liberal and things are never black and white.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Hah,it goes to show how utterly dull this website has become, I threw the Wigo comment in like tossing in a hand grenade, hoping it would invoke a furied reaction, discussion at least?? πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

At least you tried Steve πŸ‘
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

unfortunately, those of us who do not cheat are the `punters`, the naive cows ready to be milked.

I don't even know what `British` even means anymore, tbh.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

garyboy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:20 pm unfortunately, those of us who do not cheat are the `punters`, the naive cows ready to be milked.
That's a moo't point Gary ;)

Return to β€œTHE PUB”