brexit put me off BMW

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
felco

brexit put me off BMW

Post by felco »

In fact everything German, its like thay rule the bloody world, or want to! Call me small minded old fashioned or whatever but thay can go fuck themselves! There government btw not the Germans in general.
garyboy

Re: brexit put me off BMW

Post by garyboy »

BMW put me ON for brexit :mrgreen:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Someone said VW have blood on their hands :shock:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Aye up John, ave thy been on't pop :mrgreen:
one-legged adventurer
felco

Post by felco »

Yes Bob:) but int morning will still get pissed off by a german driving twat!
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

felco wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:10 pm In fact everything German, its like thay rule the bloody world, or want to! Call me small minded old fashioned or whatever but thay can go fuck themselves! There government btw not the Germans in general.
Well slurping on my Stein of Herforder Pils, and munching on a Bratwurst dipped in a dollop of Zenf I have to disagree with you my old Northern Mucker. My experience of British Engineering in both Bikes and Cars has been shocking, simply put zee Krauts have zee qualitsen technik, zee Tommies est schizer !!! :lol:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

:x Ooooooo Yes ( I mean YAAA ) . .. German bier unt bratwurst unt frites mit zenf. ... :).... zer gut . Danke
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

The Sarge wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:07 am
felco wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:10 pm In fact everything German, its like thay rule the bloody world, or want to! Call me small minded old fashioned or whatever but thay can go fuck themselves! There government btw not the Germans in general.
Well slurping on my Stein of Herforder Pils, and munching on a Bratwurst dipped in a dollop of Zenf I have to disagree with you my old Northern Mucker. My experience of British Engineering in both Bikes and Cars has been shocking, simply put zee Krauts have zee qualitsen technik, zee Tommies est schizer !!! :lol:
Your back sarge where have you been :lol:
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

diggermanbob wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:07 pm
The Sarge wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:07 am
Your back sarge where have you been :lol:
Hi Bob, been Shooting but heading back to France on Thursday, heading to Phils once he's back from SA if you are about.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

While I don't agree with everything that Germany is doing (encouraging immigration, for example) I have nothing but admiration for the way they have encouraged their manufacturing industry to flourish.

Go to any German industrial estate, and it will be full of actual industry...pencils, musical instruments, automotive parts, you name it. Mostly run by family-owned companies where the directors have real enthusiasm for their products and care about their workers and customers.

Go to a UK industrial estate, and what do you find: warehouse selling imported carpets, workshop fitting imported tyres, builder's merchant selling imported building tools, goods, and materials, garden equipment shop selling imported lawnmowers and strimmers etc etc. Mostly employing idiots on ZHCs and/or the minimum wage.

We get what we deserve...no investment in training, technology, manufacturing or anything other than unstuffing containers full of crap from China.

In 1943, after he had only just escaped being killed in a precision RAF Mosquito strike on a radio station in Berlin, Herman Goering gathered the heads of German industry together and delivered the following famous bollocking: "In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked."

Now, we have no piano factories and no radio manufacturers...and no chance of ever building an aircraft like the Mosquito (which was 'knocked together' as a hobby project at De Havilands) again.

Return to “THE PUB”