Strange request - packaging service?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Simon_100

Strange request - packaging service?

Post by Simon_100 »

This is a bit of an odd one but I guess the ABR 'Community' always comes up trumps (did I really type the 'T' word, I thought there was an App to stop that!)

So, I'm in sunny (sic) Kiev for a sort of Summit meeting of the TET Linesmen and our host, Oleksii, the Linesman of Ukraine has ask me for some help. One of his family is expecting twins and needs to gat a double pram/pushchair thingy. The trouble is the locally made sones are total crap and fall apart after a few weeks on the highly impoverished road and pavements - even here in the capital city! - and imported ones are all in the 'deluxe' range - I saw a shop with THULE ones, like f***ing Rolls-Royces - so they can't afford anything like that.

Oleksii has found one second-hand in the UK on eBay and is in touch with the owners, struck a deal but is stumped by the packaging over such a long trip, i.e. then owners say they have no idea how to pack it* and doesn't want the responsibility - I guess get a bad name on Ebay? - so we are asking for help finding some sort of professional service, maybe even an international courier company that included packaging?

Any thoughts folks?

Simon
* as I wrote it occurred to me for them to ask at the shop where they bought the pram for the original packaging next time they get that model, must happen all the time?
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Dansin

Re: Strange request - packaging service?

Post by Dansin »

Wrap in bubble wrap, strap it to a pallet and use someone like Shiply? - https://www.shiply.com
GFJ1

Post by GFJ1 »

Whereabouts in the uk is it? If local to me in N Wales I'll pick it up and package it if he sorts the courier.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

GFJ1 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 am Whereabouts in the uk is it? If local to me in N Wales I'll pick it up and package it if he sorts the courier.
Thanks for this matey, I've asked and will know by the end of today I guess! :)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

herman

Post by herman »

This sort of thing https://www.southcoastpackagingandstora ... -and-send/ I am sure there will be lots nationally especially near airports and sea ports.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Simon, where is it in the UK?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Where is it? I'm flying to Kiev on Wednesday night (21st Feb) and could bring it with me if he wants to pay for my baggage? (Assuming they'd take it on the plane as baggage?) I live in Lutterworth and am in Birmingham on Tuesday if that helps. Flying from Luton at around 8pm.

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

DanielS wrote: ↑Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 am Where is it? I'm flying to Kiev on Wednesday night (21st Feb) and could bring it with me if he wants to pay for my baggage? (Assuming they'd take it on the plane as baggage?) I live in Lutterworth and am in Birmingham on Tuesday if that helps. Flying from Luton at around 8pm.

Wow!!! That's amazing! I've just messaged Oleksii - midnight here and he's still looking after a group of vikings! - so a lot depends on where it is in UK.

What a lot of great people there are on this Forum! :)

More in the morning I guess:

Simon

PS Kiev is amazing - but wrap up well warm and bring almost no money - prices are about 20% of UK or even less! :)

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Simon_100 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:12 pm
Wow!!! That's amazing! I've just messaged Oleksii - midnight here and he's still looking after a group of vikings! - so a lot depends on where it is in UK.

What a lot of great people there are on this Forum! :)

More in the morning I guess:

Simon

PS Kiev is amazing - but wrap up well warm and bring almost no money - prices are about 20% of UK or even less! :)
OK, PM coming to you with Oleksii's Facebook so you can message each other given the short time - he speaks perfect English!

Regs

Simon

DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Cool - I've just sent him a message and added him on FB so hopefully we can get something sorted.

Return to β€œTHE PUB”