Re: New TRF website

Post by recon plane »

Or don't cough out and don't shut up.
Getting some views this thread is.
Ktm exc 500. BMW 1200gsaLC XR400, 916 foggy rep 2 CATS
recon plane

Post by recon plane »

bill_qaz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:11 pm TRAIL just had a look, what a crap site not a patch on the old forum. I for one will not bother getting a sign in for it.
This is the final year for me and I am not renewing my TRF membership after 10 years. I think it has lost its fellowship/club feeling and the priority is mainly focussed on membership numbers and corporate image.
Totally agree. I'm doing the very same. Still ride and let the donkeys do the dirty work.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

DavidS wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm So' it's 'cough up and shut up'.
Great.
Same as it ever was
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Red Maverick

Post by Red Maverick »

Just a quick note. The forum was not overly moderated, it was censored by the directors for what they thought was the best interest of the TRF. Having been the moderator for years I know what I moderated.
The request years ago was for an updated forum, fresher in style like others currently being used. Sadly in my opinion a forum was not on the directors agenda, but a self promoting website was.

The TRF in my opinion is there to conserve our green lanes or roads and all the legal element that goes with it. The TRF should stick to this and the subscribing members left to chat amongst themselves on how well they have done and arrange rides and cross group rides. The TRF should not dictate to the members what they want the members to do.

By the way I have not been asked to help moderate the new website chat, so what gets deleted is by others.
recon plane

Post by recon plane »

The TRF in my opinion is there to conserve our green lanes or roads and all the legal element that goes with it. The TRF should stick to this and the subscribing members left to chat amongst themselves on how well they have done and arrange rides and cross group rides. The TRF should not dictate to the members what they want the members to do.

By the way I have not been asked to help moderate the new website chat, so what gets deleted is by others.
[/quote]

well said .
Abouttofalloff

Post by Abouttofalloff »

Pint Master wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:20 pm
petecam wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:13 pm
Pint Master wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 am This alternative to the TRF started by a one time TRF director.

https://trailriders.org
Is that our very own Mr I ?
No Pete M.T. Ribble Valley.
If By Mr I you mean me Mike Irving then no.....but It has my full support. The "TrailRiders Association was set up by Mike T. and he formed a group called the Ribble Valley Trail Riders to fill in the Gap left when the substance of Fellowship left the TRF.

Whilst a Director, Mike put together a package that would move the TRF into the 21st century but the other directors would not adopt it because it did not fit into the evolution plan as perscribed. The framework is now in place for individuals to join as independants or to start thier own clubs. Forum, facebook, website etc already set ready for adoption.

We are not advocating that you leave the TRF but inviting you to join The Trailriders Association. Your club is yours, the money you raise is yours, what you spend it on is for you to decide.

TrailRiders Association was created in response to a growing demand for an organisation that values its members providing a united and effective voice for trail riders of the United Kingdom.

Key values of the association are Integrity and transparency. These are essential to create a bedrock on which a professional, respected organisation can best represent its members interests.

The association offers the administration, organisation and support required for groups to prosper within a National structure, providing consistency and governance.

TrailRiders Assocation is affiliated with BMF and MAG

Mike Irving
Last edited by Abouttofalloff on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanB

Post by IanB »

Red Maverick wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 pm Just a quick note. The forum was not overly moderated, it was censored by the directors for what they thought was the best interest of the TRF. Having been the moderator for years I know what I moderated.
The request years ago was for an updated forum, fresher in style like others currently being used. Sadly in my opinion a forum was not on the directors agenda, but a self promoting website was.

Very wise words Red.
Thanks for your common sense approach.
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

DavidS wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm So' it's 'cough up and shut up'.
Great.
I've decided to do neither this year, I'd like to say I thought long and hard, but I'd be lying
recon plane

Post by recon plane »

steveneville wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am Part of the reason the TRF appears paranoid about its forum (and the new site has already generated a lot of controversy) is not so much about what we as adventure/trail motorcyclists say to one another but how the "anti's" like GLEAM, Rambliars, Peak Horse Power et al and finally Parliament lift off material from social media and use it to demonstrate that we are a bunch of hooligans and irresponsible idiots and need at worst to be limited to tarmac and preferably banned outright. Its a bit different for ABR as its a focussed around a magazine and is not, like the TRF a road conservation organisation. Running a social media forum is not its raison d'etre . There are better places to go.
This happened as the NERC Bill was going through Parliament and it stitched us all up nicely = Restricted Byways = virtual Bridleways = less m/c access.
I wonder why we all spend much time on these sort of posts as I thought we were about ADVENTURE MOTORCYCLING.
My motto is "Spend less time on the keyboard complaining and go and ride your bike more".
I may not bother to read the subsequent and inevitable abuse .....
IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO SHITE ID TALK TO MY ARSE
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Whether I am spiting myself or not, I am not going to post on the new ‘thing’ as FB is bad enough without another version that works just as badly. It would just legitimise the removal of the forum and that replacement.
Even though I am now retired, I haven’t got all day to scroll down page after page to see what may be new replies to old topics - a bit of a design disaster I’m afraid.

Just noticed that the latest post has been culled. No explanation.
Annoyingly, I can’t remember what it was about.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”