New TRF website

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
recon plane

Re: New TRF website

Post by recon plane »

ggp59 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:01 pm
Welsh Gar wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:28 pm
garyboy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 am
Welsh Gar wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:28 pm An interesting post from Marriane about some byways in mid Wales being TRO'd has disappeared today....
which byways ?? .. central or west? wales?
I believe it was Ceredigion county council so it'll be Aberystwyth way..
I could well be 'Water-breaks-it's-Neck in Powys as I see in the local paper that's having a TRO slapped on it soon for 6 months for 'repairs'

That'll be 2 blokes and a mini digger scratching away at the ruts for 6 months, only for it to look exactly the same in another 12 months then!
Lmao . I was up there about 4 months ago and there where a family outing of 4x4's . Not sure if they realised it's a no go for four wheels .
Ktm exc 500. BMW 1200gsaLC XR400, 916 foggy rep 2 CATS
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

recon plane wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:25 am
DavidS wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:46 am I have to agree with TRF guidance for once.
Large groups are quite intimidating, become unwieldy and, conversely, can get spread over a huge area.
Two small groups probably ride further in a day than the same numbers in one big group.

With the M1 reference - look how difficult it is for just two cars or bikes to stay in touch on motorways and even worse on smaller roads. You have to adapt the riding group to the roads being ridden on and large groups aren’t conducive to small byways.

IMHO, a max of 8 but preferably 6 is the ideal number so things chunter along nicely, we don’t overwhelm the family out with the dogs or cause undue upset to a couple of horses and/or their riders. Or look like half the bikers in Britain going past someone’s house that is alongside a byway.
In some of our narrow lanes, a large number of bikes squeezing past some walkers is not very sociable and we should expect them to be the ones to clamber into the hedges to get out of OUR way.

We do have a social responsibility after all, TRF member or not.
Agree. But at the end off the day it don't matter if it's one bike all 100. Anti bikers will always be anti bikers the same as folk who agree with fox hunting .
We can only do our bit . It still will never stop there views.
As a rule I never get involved in politics what so ever. The only reason I'm posting is because JV spoke to a well mannered person the wrong way. Cocky rude obnoxious. So now he as rubbed me up the wrong way. So now his ass is gonna be grass and I'm gonna mow it . Makes no odds to me if I get banned as I'm not renewing my membership .
Agreed that the antis will always be antis but there is no point in pi#&ing off the 99% who are ok.
A few weeks ago we went past a group of elderly walkers near that Pilgrims Way and were given a element of evil eye, even though they did quickly move to the side for us. As last man, I just stopped, said thanks and made some quip about the weather. Half an hour later after a lane loop, we came up behind them again...they gave us cheery waves and one old dear even thumbed a lift (NO, I didn’t pull) so the power of being pleasant is always worth while.

The other advantage of that method is you get to chat to lovely young ladies out horse riding. At my age, that is one hell of a bonus. :oops:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
recon plane

Post by recon plane »

One of the TRO's is on water break it's neck from 11th January.
We got some guys going up there next Friday which is then 12th.
Thanks chipy for finding this out for the lads .

Why would they delete that thread.
Help me out guys. I just can't get my head round that one.
It's information we all need .
Maybe lissen you can answer that one??
Ktm exc 500. BMW 1200gsaLC XR400, 916 foggy rep 2 CATS
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

recon plane wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 pm One of the TRO's is on water break it's neck from 11th January.
We got some guys going up there next Friday which is then 12th.
Thanks chipy for finding this out for the lads .

Why would they delete that thread.
Help me out guys. I just can't get my head round that one.
It's information we all need .
Maybe lissen you can answer that one??
Bugger I liked that one, some stunning views. But the topped was more than chewed up and luckily I missed the proper line when I went up there otherwise I think I'd still be stuck :shock:
Man of no name

Post by Man of no name »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:35 am Ah that old chestnut.

A newer, better version of the TRF.

If that is what you want, get involved in the current TRF and change if from the inside.

Like I said, united we stand, divided we'll fall
Change it from the inside?, your feet would not touch the ground if you dared to try and alter their cosy little empire!!

Return to “THE PUB”