New TRF website

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Re: New TRF website

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Why let your membership expire for one "daft forum" idea?
That doesn't show much in the way if commitment.

Communicate your feelings and ideas via email with the people concerned and work for change from the inside. I've certainly done so and let my feelings be known.

Leaving an organisation that is such a power for the good of Trail Riding and Adventure Biking because of one or two things you don't agree with seems a cop out to me.

But each to their own.

United we stand, divided we fall.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

That's one way of looking at it, Bob.

As I said, I'm in two minds about it ATM.

One course of action would be to start a new organisation for responsible trail riders, leaving the baggage of the old one behind. this would no doubt attract many people who are concerned about the TRF seemingly becoming a 'top-down' organisation, run by directors who seem to think that they are the bosses and the members are employees on zero-hours contracts.

The other would be to encourage all those who have been disappointed by the TRF in recent years to re-join en-mass, and vote the current directors out.

In either case, a fresh management team would be required. People who would be prepared to leave their egos in their day jobs, listen to constructive criticism and devote a hell of a lot of time to 'the cause' with little or no reward.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Ah that old chestnut.

A newer, better version of the TRF.

If that is what you want, get involved in the current TRF and change if from the inside.

Like I said, united we stand, divided we'll fall
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 am That's one way of looking at it, Bob.

One course of action would be to start a new organisation for responsible trail riders, leaving the baggage of the old one behind. this would no doubt attract many people who are concerned about the TRF seemingly becoming a 'top-down' organisation, run by directors who seem to think that they are the bosses and the members are employees on zero-hours contracts.

The other would be to encourage all those who have been disappointed by the TRF in recent years to re-join en-mass, and vote the current directors out.

In either case, a fresh management team would be required. People who would be prepared to leave their egos in their day jobs, listen to constructive criticism and devote a hell of a lot of time to 'the cause' with little or no reward.
This alternative to the TRF started by a one time TRF director.

https://trailriders.org
chipy

Post by chipy »

Everything is being deleted now. Including suggestions for improving the site and warnings about the byway map not being accurate.
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
Richard Simpson Mark II

Until recently, I was involved with the TRF from the inside.

Sadly we have a board which is, shall we say, resistant to any diversion from its current course: the latest waypoint of which is the organisational catastrophe which they have just inflicted by replacing the Forum with something that looks like it came straight from the early 1990s.

The most critical comments about "New Trail" or whatever it's called have vanished, but support for the changes is still very difficult to find.

And yet, you and I both know they are grinding on to the inevitable crash...
chipy

Post by chipy »

Pint Master wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 am
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 am That's one way of looking at it, Bob.

This alternative to the TRF started by a one time TRF director.

https://trailriders.org
Now that is interesting
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:14 am I see a certain director has rocked up and started throwing his teddies out of the pram!
A Leopard can't change it's spots... once an idiot, always an idiot. :lol:
Richard Simpson Mark II

:lol:

He just can't help himself, can he?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I am a bit surprised at this turn of events

but even when I was a member of swtrf there was a distinct `top down` approach, with my suggestions and input often ignored (no change there then) and my requests for trail maps put aside. There was great dissent at meetings and we were often told to `do it yourself` (though member ride leader input was admittedly abysmal) . SWTRF now seems to be an endure style club for the clique, with novices and wobblers poorly catered for? (though some novices seem to like London road, glas wotsit steps and limekiln lane :shock: ) .. this is pathetic!!

I think a completely new approach and group is called for.

the TRF can stay as it is, as it has built up a very good relationship with authorities of all sorts, and is good at charity works etc. .. its name is good and can continue to fight the cause in its own way.

a new group
would allow unfettered member response through forum threads .. and recognise that this is the life blood of membership and hence effectiveness as an organisation. .. and the best way to protect our trails .. as power is from numbers and contributors.
dissent would actually be encouraged .. and improvements possibly introduced after the problems are addressed (not ignored or deleted)

I was going to suggest a new name by vote .. but `trailriders association` has taken the trouble to at least set up an internet site already .. but perhaps change the name to TRA (trail riders association) .. punchy and stands out from `TRF` .. but is similar in (stated) objectives,

I propose Richard Simpson as leader.
Robin Hicking and Hugh as ROW

any more ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Return to “THE PUB”