Tomorrow's a sad day.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: Tomorrow's a sad day.

Post by daveuprite »

Cone wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 pm
Andi_Archer wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm Opened Bottles of Wine only go off so your best drinking it all :D
I find the ones i buy actually get better if opened the day before!!
:D

The best drink of the evening is just before the first one.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

TomBoyNI wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 pm At lot of this stuff sounds great - being off the grid and what not.

However no bank account! :shock:

Leaving your car unlocked just makes it easy for the scumbags.

You’re not missing much on TV to be fair but how do you know the addresses of your own properties?

Just think how handy it will be when you get contactless and Apple pay and all the other great things technology brings.
No bank account....my wife has one.
My "car" is a 15 year old rusty-trusty Ford Ranger. I've not washed it or cleaned it inside for seven years.
I only use it once or twice a week.
It's not desirable for a thief, if I locked it then may be an opportunist scum bag may try his luck seeing what's inside, it's better if he can just open the door rather than smash a window.....but he'd have to be pretty desperate, he may get lucky and find half a pack of polos in the glove box.
I find the most convenient way of shopping is still pulling some cash out of my wallet.
I bought three houses in Bulgaria 10 years ago for the combined sum of £12,000.
I've renovated one and we use it as a holiday home, the other two I've only visited once. The one we use as a holiday home, I could take you straight to it, but I don't actually know the address. The other two....I've got the paperwork (somewhere) and I'm sure I could find the address's, but who cares?
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

SteveW wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:55 am
TomBoyNI wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 pm At lot of this stuff sounds great - being off the grid and what not.

However no bank account! :shock:

Leaving your car unlocked just makes it easy for the scumbags.

You’re not missing much on TV to be fair but how do you know the addresses of your own properties?

Just think how handy it will be when you get contactless and Apple pay and all the other great things technology brings.
No bank account....my wife has one.
My "car" is a 15 year old rusty-trusty Ford Ranger. I've not washed it or cleaned it inside for seven years.
I only use it once or twice a week.
It's not desirable for a thief, if I locked it then may be an opportunist scum bag may try his luck seeing what's inside, it's better if he can just open the door rather than smash a window.....but he'd have to be pretty desperate, he may get lucky and find half a pack of polos in the glove box.
I find the most convenient way of shopping is still pulling some cash out of my wallet.
I bought three houses in Bulgaria 10 years ago for the combined sum of £12,000.
I've renovated one and we use it as a holiday home, the other two I've only visited once. The one we use as a holiday home, I could take you straight to it, but I don't actually know the address. The other two....I've got the paperwork (somewhere) and I'm sure I could find the address's, but who cares?
Ah ok :lol:

I actually like that logic of the car.

I wish I had have been on the ball enough to pick up a Holiday home in Bulgaria back then!

But today is that day. So enjoy your bank account :D
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
bowber

Post by bowber »

You'll be lucky to get one Steve, I bet you get a right grilling about why you don't have one already!

Steve
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Once you've got an account try paying in a large amount of cash (5k) ........ then they will make you feel like a right criminal ....... they don't understand the fact that people still actually buy and sell things using cash :roll:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Moorso
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road

Post by Moorso »

I bought three houses in Bulgaria 10 years ago for the combined sum of £12,000. The other two....I've got the paperwork (somewhere) and I'm sure I could find the address's, but who cares?
So I'll buy one off you for £4K Steve?! :lol:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road
Web: www.alternate-road.blogspot.co.uk/

Author of: 'Valhalla and the Fjörd'
herman

Post by herman »

Today I put the glitter ball up with mtb light shining on it for the wife's strictly party with her mates. I am obviously hiding in the office just surfacing for food and drink. A house in Bulgaria appeals right now :cry:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
roberteagle6

Post by roberteagle6 »

Right about the locked car. I used our dog mobile a couple of years back and my wife had left her bum bag - on the floor, which I failed to notice. When I got back, the window wash smashed and the bag gone.

Bloody pissed that I hadn't noticed it, told the wife when I got home and she split her sides laughing. She used it solely for walking the dogs and had forgotten to bring it in from the last walk - it was full of dog s**t .
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Well actually, I'd sell them both for 4K each, they both need a full renovation.
But what do you want for the price of a five year old Honda Transalp?

Return to “THE PUB”