biker cliques

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: biker cliques

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:22 pm .. Ready to say 'sorry' at all times and never confrontational. Live and let live.
that is my moto now and modus operandi .. on trails, I mean ..
trespass is not a criminal offence, on its own, and if I have made a genuine mistake then I am very willing to say `sorry`.
you can get to some nice places that way :mrgreen:
when the land owner sees me, they see an elderly polite gentleman that is obviously an old idiot to go so wrong :lol:

my other moto is .. you only live once, and I aint got long left.
[so many trails, so little time]

ps .. I ride slowly and respectfully and try my best to keep to legal trails, and usually on my own, on a nice colourful pretty bike, that is quiet and very respectful of very large cows :) .. and pretty lady farmers :D
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I wouldn't want to belong to any clique that would want me in it :P :P :P :P
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Seeing as how most of the land in this country is owned by people who stole it in the first place or is hilariously termed common land, I don't feel too bad about the odd excursion (I am after all as common as it gets), as Gary eludes it's far easier to get forgivness than it is to get permission (best just not to get caught though)

As for Cliques, I am almost always a Lone Rider so Cliques don't really come into it, or can 1 person be a clique unto himself?, I dunno
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Ummm I ride a bike, what's a clique? ;)
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

garyboy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 pm which clique are you?
Maybe this will help us decide!
CB5C41D7-2BCF-48E1-9556-76024458E7E3.jpeg
CB5C41D7-2BCF-48E1-9556-76024458E7E3.jpeg (65.88 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

HedgeHopper wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:34 pm Seeing as how most of the land in this country is owned by people who stole it in the first place
:D Yes, exactly.
bowber

Post by bowber »

garyboy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:58 pm
daveuprite wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:22 pm .. Ready to say 'sorry' at all times and never confrontational. Live and let live.
that is my moto now and modus operandi .. on trails, I mean ..
trespass is not a criminal offence, on its own, and if I have made a genuine mistake then I am very willing to say `sorry`.
you can get to some nice places that way :mrgreen:
when the land owner sees me, they see an elderly polite gentleman that is obviously an old idiot to go so wrong :lol:

my other moto is .. you only live once, and I aint got long left.
[so many trails, so little time]

ps .. I ride slowly and respectfully and try my best to keep to legal trails, and usually on my own, on a nice colourful pretty bike, that is quiet and very respectful of very large cows :) .. and pretty lady farmers :D
Many years ago me and a mate were out "discovering" trails and came across a cracker so we proceeded down it only to meet the farmer, we very politely asked if it was a trail or not and he replied that it wasn't but we were welcome to use it as long as we closed the gates and didn't disturb his livestock. We used that trail for years as it joined up 2 valleys that would otherwise have taken miles of roadwork, meeting the farmer occasionally and having a friendly chat. Unfortunately he died and his family sold the land and the new owner is nothing like as friendly :-(

Steve
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

SteveW wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:15 pm Next Spring when we've got some more evening light, I'm going to ignore my own advise/warnings and join my son and his mates and do some illegal trail riding on the vast expanse of empty moorland that we have in East Lancashire.
So I'll be in the "illegal, irresponsible, selfish bastard," clique......the ones who are supposedly spoiling it for everyone.
Hi Steve
Count me in for some East Lancs illegal trail riding.... its time L.C.C. realised there is not just Horse Riders in the County and stop making every route a Bridleway !!!!
Keep me in the loop please

Regards
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

MotoCP wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:04 pm
garyboy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 pm which clique are you?
Maybe this will help us decide!

CB5C41D7-2BCF-48E1-9556-76024458E7E3.jpeg
hmm .. looks like whatever clique I am in I am still a shit arse :mrgreen:
lmac

Post by lmac »

'Kin ridiculous all this clique thing. When I started out in biking as a teenager on a Fizzy a mates brother was in the local HA chapter who were older than us by about ten years in some cases but encouraged our new found love for bikes. I also hung around at the garage of another mates brother's , and him and his mates were into riding fast bikes, or any bike fast, and going to the race meetings, they also encouraged us and both groups took us on the back of the bikes sometimes.

So thats how I've come up in biking, I've had all sorts of different bikes and enjoy any bike or type of biking scene.

But.......I find it 'kin ridiculous when people put you into a Pigeon hole (or whatever its called) because of the type of bike you ride, and it even goes so far as people not wanting to talk to or acknowledge you depending on what type of bike your on!.

I'm a member of this forum and a member of the Harley Davidson Riders Club of Great Britain, who's members have joint do's with this forum.
I'd go to an ABR do on me Harley or an Harley do on me V Strom what's it matter? we're all supposed to be this biking job together :) .

Return to “THE PUB”