MCN ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
captinktm

Re: MCN ?

Post by captinktm »

catcitrus wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:00 pm Now TBM was a great mag--right size and excellent content--I've kept a lot of old copies. However,its now replaced by the on line RUST magazine--which is FREE. I've also subscribed to ADV on line now--its not free, but its not much--and I can read them when and where I want. I also gave up with MCN years ago--page after page of poor quality tat with very little substance and an obvious bias towards BMW.
Yes I used to love the old TBM, but Si Mellber (the editor) up set most of the manufacturers and that was the beginning of the end. I not sure about Rust or what it's meant to be. fair amount of drivel and too many ad's.
I would have thought there is still room for a TBM type mag I would still be buying it if it were available.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Yep, TBM was my regular mag and I’ve still got loads of old copies. I respected their bike reviews as they gave an unbiased opinion and told it how it was, warts an all, rather than what the manufacturers wanted to hear.
Seems it was a part of their demise as some manufactures pulled the advertising because TBM didn’t always blow smoke up their arse.
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

MotoCP wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 pm Yep, TBM was my regular mag and I’ve still got loads of old copies. I respected their bike reviews as they gave an unbiased opinion and told it how it was, warts an all, rather than what the manufacturers wanted to hear.
Seems it was a part of their demise as some manufactures pulled the advertising because TBM didn’t always blow smoke up their arse.
Yes one good thing from getting older, keep the mags, then two or three years later pull um out again because you forgotten it all. I am looking forward to the time when I can watch On any Sunday every other day :lol:

Return to “THE PUB”