Insurance Q

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Slaz

Re: Insurance Q

Post by Slaz »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 pm
Slaz wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:37 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 pm Age, convictions, accidents, credit rating, location, lifestyle etc. etc. there is no way someone else can tell you what you would pay.

For me, the Tiger 800 (2017) with RAC was just over £100.00 Comprehensive, someone else could be over a grand......

Some insurers might like one model and not another, it's a bloody minefield, littered with corpses of those trying to get a deal.
First off,thanks to all who replied,atm i have a 2001 BMWF650GS,with Bennetts FC £111,00,
Age, convictions, accidents, credit rating, location, lifestyle
66 None None Great Posh Retired
The reason i'm asking is i might be changing,and i like both bikes,and was just wondering about the insurance,
£100,FC seems deal of the year for a new bike,btw how d'you rate the Tiger,and did you try the BMW800,
Sorry for so many Qs and being a PITA
Ride Safe Baza ;)
Hi,

My insurance is cheap due to all the factors being in my favour, never had a claim (in over 30 years), clean licence, live in a low risk area etc.

I couldn't reach the ground on the GS800, so that was as far as that got....I did have a 650GS (2011) for a few years and it handled OK, was frugal, but ultimately a bit bland (that of course may be a plus point for some) so replaced it with a Transalp 700. Which was also OK for a couple of years etc. Then after a test on the Tiger, the deal was done.

My Tiger is an XRT and is road based, great engine, very smooth and enough power without too much to kick in the T all the time. The seat is pretty low too (and heated). Only done a couple of thousand miles on it, but pleased. Hoping to get a reasonable trip done on it next year.

I also tested the XRX, and could reach the ground, but not flat; decided that I don't really do off road (on purpose) so took the road option.

Only way to decide is get on them, but if you by the BMW the Twat Suit will surely follow....
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Class ;) :lol:

Thanks again,would never go off road,i best start the hunt ;)
Hoggyf

Re: Insurance Q

Post by Hoggyf »

Slaz wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 pm Hoggyf,what can i say,i've been looking for that type of comparison for ages,
not fussed about the fuel,as i only do bugga all mileage,sounds like its a Triumph,
all round, :oops:
As you've had them both what about ins,??
Thanks again mate ;)
To be honest I don't bother about the insurance cost between each bike now adays, old enough for it to be cheap, think mine is about £140 6yrs ncb. I'd be surprised if there was any difference between each of them myself and insurance cost would be the last of my reasons for choosing a particular bike. Another mate of mine went from a GS1200 to a tiger 800 after riding mine.
Then:
Honda MB5, Honda MBX125, 350LC, RGV250, MTX125, GasGas JTX250, CM 644 DS, BMW R1100S, Beta Rev3 250, Beta Rev4T, Honda XL700V Transalp, BMW F800 GS, Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Now:
Montesa 4RT, Triumph Tiger 800, Beta Alp, Montesa 315

Return to “THE PUB”