Bullet UK 2017!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Pint Master

Re: Bullet UK 2017!!

Post by Pint Master »

I ve driven a couple of Darts they are truly dreadful wooden steering and brakes they handle really badly your head is only inches away from the top of the screen they weren't good cars even by the standards of cars from the early sixties, get involved in a chase driving one..rather them than me.
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

Trev wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 pm
Sanqhar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:42 pm
There are plenty of other cars out there that would perform better, and go round corners!

Tom
There sure are and I tried quite a few but none got near putting such a big smile on my face and some of them cost nearly twice the price. A V8 muscle car for the cost of a Golf Gti with a sunroof, why wouldn't you :D
Worth the money just for the noise!!
uturntony

Post by uturntony »

Spike941 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm And here's the proof.

The Daimler SP250 was used by the London Metropolitan Police specifically to chase motorcycle cafe racers as the whole cafe racer trend was quite well established by the sixties and to catch up with those bikes required a car that would accelerate out to over 100mph quickly and be safely stable at speeds over the ton. The Daimler SP250’s top speed was of the order of 120mph and it’s aerodynamics promoted stability at high speed. The wedge shaped low nose creating a low air pressure area under the car causing down-force and the rear fins assisting with stability. In short the Daimler SP250 was designed with function in mind. The looks of the car are quite controversial. Like the Citroën DS series of the same period you either love them or hate them. I’m in the “love them” group for both cars. I can’t understand how anyone could not love the quirky but fascinating look of these cars. Suffice to say a Daimler SP250 is very high on my wish list of cars I’d like to own but probably won’t.
Probably my favourite classic sports car. I was an apprentice mechanic at a small garage in the early 60's and the bloke next door had one that we did the servicing on. Loved it.
lauramartin

Post by lauramartin »

Genius Cube Company point is to instruct our guests about seeinsurance and we are here for your correct directing diverse classes we have about Insurance and we are here to help and convey you the correct Information about Insurance as you require.

Return to “THE PUB”