ABR a thing of the past since the big change

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
zimtim

Re: ABR a thing of the past since the big change

Post by zimtim »

As I said on one of the many previous threads that have raised this topic it is the people that make the forum. Sadly the forum seemed to be slowly dying before the change and with all the issues that were associated with the change I dare say many just couldn't be bothered with the hassle anymore.

Personally I find the layout okay but have found posting pictures a lot worse never had any issues with old forum. Just can't load any at all now. Photo hosting sites just don't seem to work for me. So I can't see me posting any ride reports soon.

Perhaps Alun and the other mods should do a guide to the forum how toos, PM's posting pics and a general reminder of the new forum and what has happened.etc and send it out en masses to all registered users through PM's. Then by checking their own PM's could tell how many people are logging in and viewing. I for one don't log in every time now.

Other thing is is Alun worried about loss on forum when magazine generates the revenue
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

:roll: As an occasional visitor to the forum I see this topic generated 4 pages in a few hours.
Not bad for a dead forum !
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

It's reached page 4, there hasn't been a row, name calling or a major flounce off stage right. I personally consider that a win :lol:

Still good for info & I agree lower post count but also more relevant to the original brief, adventure biking rather than moaning
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

P4ulie wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:55 pm It's reached page 4, there hasn't been a row, name calling or a major flounce off stage right. I personally consider that a win :lol:

Still good for info & I agree lower post count but also more relevant to the original brief, adventure biking rather than moaning
The thing is that this is a place you can ask a question without being called an idiot or getting a bunch of sarcastic replies ..... unlike another forum.
Lots of forums on different topics are getting quieter, so I don't worry.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

I did not like the 'great leap' forward? but as with all the other computing 'enhancements' its something we have to live with.
I do like less politics, possibly as they did not usually reflect my views and I do not visit bike or other forums for politics.
I find it easier to post pictures now it seems compatible with Firefox.
There are still interesting (& uninteresting) posts so I will continue to view.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It took me a while to come back to the new forum, but mostly for my personal reasons.

Anyway, I'm getting used to the graphics, and it has to be said that some of the more prolific and ignorant former posters will not be missed by me.

I enjoy an exchange of opinions as much as the next man, and don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong, but it's nice not to have to plough through ignorant rants.

Politics and brexit do have their place on this forum, particularly for those planning foreign tours, but there is plenty of 'opinion' covering a very broad range on those topics to be found elsewhere. Discussion of them here is good if based on fact...ie changes to travel or residency for a UK citizen in a post-Brexit EU.

Return to “THE PUB”