Hit and run

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
vRSG60

Hit and run

Post by vRSG60 »

My garage is a mile from my house, nearest one I could get. If I use my GS I drive down , get the bike out and park my car outside the garage door. Came back to the garage tonight at around 7pm I've been to work on GS and visited my mum this evening so been out all day and some twat has hit my car and buggered off. Back window shattered and OSR damage, bumper cracked. I'm seething Image
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Heff

Re: Hit and run

Post by Heff »

Yep, I feel your pain.

Same thing happened to me some time ago when I had a BMW 320i coupe

Reversed into a bay in the main carpark in the town centre. Went into the hardware shop to get a few things. Had left the car for at most 30 minutes.

Came back to find the passengers side from the headlight to the middle of the door damaged. Obviously side swiped by another totally incompetent bastard of a driver, either going in or out of the next bay. :oops:

Reported to the police as a hit and run accident. Of course, nobody seen or heard anything, no witnesses etc etc

Over £1000 to repair so I know were you are mate :(
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Horrible rat. Hopefully someone saw something or can point you in the right direction.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
DizzyDee

Post by DizzyDee »

Yep happened to my then brand new mini, new colour coded bumper complete with reversing camera and fittings £2300.00. We even knew who did it, it was the opposing Ice Hockey teams lime green team coach but just so happens the carpark CCTV camera was pointing in the wrong direction so couldn't prove it!
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I put something on the local FB page about the incident and someone came back to me with a white van seen scouting for scrap metal down the back street. Fits perfectly, my garage is at the bottom of a terraced row with a back/side street along the bottom.

Today a member of the FB page messaged me a reg number ND10 NFV, comes back as a white van ;)
No tax and was due to be taxed in May this year. The van was seen today in an area of Nelson a couple of miles away.

Lancs Police have booked me in for an appointment to give further details so fingers crossed. Back in the day I'd have PNCd the reg myself. ;)
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith

Return to “THE PUB”