Motorcycle Live

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
chunky butt

Re: Motorcycle Live

Post by chunky butt »

Great photos there minky.....we went to the show last year whilst in uk, thoroughly enjoyed it, good day out, but expensive, think you've got to buy a lot, and with good discount to cover entry fee, and parking.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

I’m at the show now. It’s a pain to get here but worth the effort.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

That LPR bike :D
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I took four students from work yesterday, this means that I do not get to see everything I would choose to if I went on my own but also that I don't have to pay to get in and that in theory I actually get paid for being there. The young people were blown away by it, which was the main reason for going, especially the FMX show. I was not so impressed, I quite often take my own family the weekend after I go with work but I won't be this year.
There seemed to me a generally sense of boredom and apathy amongst the staff on the stands. The exceptions were the bloke on the Halvarssons stand who was very knowledgable a couple of the smaller stalls. The retro 500 on the Fantic stand looked good but there was no one on the stand to talk to about it. The gentleman on the Guzzi stand looked fed up, as he probably was, with people asking where the X85 was. I liked the look of the Enfield Interceptor, but the lady I spoke to not only was not sure when it was coming out, possibly June, but did not know what BHP was when I asked if it limited for the A2 licence and whether it could be derestricted. Given that the Himalayan was at the show last year and I have still not seen one in the dealers I would not hold out much hope of the twin being available before the summer.
There were quite a few mid range bikes that might make good commuter machines but I assume they are designed for summer use in other countries as the designers seem to have forgotten what mudguards are for. The lack of mid range (equivalent performance to 250 - 400cc) electric bikes was disappointing.
I suppose the one of the best things for me was confirming that there is nothing out there to replace the GP450. Perhaps CCM should try putting an electric motor in the GP chassis. With a belt drive and decent mudguards that would be a really good midrange commuter.

Cheers Jak
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

I was there today it was quite busy but not so as much as the last couple of years.Watched the lads at the Honda sand pit come out and wobble round,one got just over half way round and abandoned the bike then walked back to the changing room.They even had the Triumph Scrambler on the Sand which looked so out of place

Llewelyn was doing his excellent party tricks for BMW round their sand pit too

The Bike parking was poorly sign posted and looking at the number there when I left Id say many came in their cars

Im flicking through the menu on the new LED screen on the BMW R1200GS whilst the salesman is explaining to someone else after they adjusted the height of the wind screen via the adjuster on the right side of the screen " its designed for left handed use"....... WTF....
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

This was a bit of fun on the Suzuki stand, me at a 58 degrees lean angle on a GSXR. The only time I'll ever get to that... :lol:

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
wispyone

Post by wispyone »

I've been to the show for the last 5 years and going tomorrow (last day) and really looking forward to it. I go every year with my brother and a car full of mates but this time we are taking partners down. May pick up a few last day bargains - if they exist :)

Toby all you can eat breakfast before we go in, look at bikes and kit all day and a meal on way home. What more do you need :D
uturntony

Post by uturntony »

Had a great day there yesterday, the signs for the bike parking did though have me living up to my forum name :?

Return to “THE PUB”