Motorcycle Live

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Motorcycle Live

Post by Tonibe63 »

Motor home and caravan show (11 halls) £9.50 each including show guide and car parking .................. So £20.25 including booking fee for 2 people.

Motorcycle Live (3 halls) £19.50 each plus show guide?? Plus £10 parking ............ So approx £50.50 (plus show guide) including booking fee for 2 people :o

WTF :evil:

We normally go on the bike so get free parking but even then the bike show is still a feckin rip off :evil: :evil:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
DavidS

Re: Motorcycle Live

Post by DavidS »

I haven't been for years as, living in the deprived south east corner, I can't get there by train until at least 11.30 so don't get long enough to look at everything enough to justify the trip.
There is no way I'm going to drive there and back these days (3 hours + each way if the M25 is empty - ha ha) and it's not good enough to stay over the night before.

The trouble is, Excel isn't worth the hassle either as it's so small. We're usually done after a couple of hours.

Agree wholeheartedly about the pricing rip off.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I'll be going to both.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

We were going to both but just the motorhome and caravan show now.
It's only 25 miles from us and in previous years have always gone to the bike show on a bike but generally come away underwhelmed. For that money we might as well call in at the Triumph factory for a look at the New visitor centre, ride around the local dealers for a coffee and have a meal out in the evening.
I don't know how they can justify the disparity in entrance fees?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

I don't understand, according to the bike show organisers, they have no control over the parking charges as the car parks belong to the NEC, so how can the caravan show include parking with the show tickets and still be less than the bike show charge for parking?

I guess the only way things will change is if people make it clear that they don't want to pay £10 for parking by not buying tickets, but it sells out every year so it ain't gonna change any time soon, so you either suck it up and go, or stay at home. :roll:
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

You should really consider yourself lucky.

I’ve to get a return flight to go. And I do go. I think it is a pretty decent show too.

Maybe it’s just in comparison to the half a show we get in Northern Ireland that the NEC then looks huge and just wow.

I wasn’t aware about the parking issue but to me a £10er seems alright but then we get charged £10 for parking in a Centre centre shopping centre for a few hours.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 am We were going to both but just the motorhome and caravan show now.
I've had a rethink and I'm knocking Motorcycle Live on the head for this year.
I'd sooner try for a cheap flight & go to either the Cologne or Milan show every other year.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

I haven't been to either for a few years. I live on the Wirral and the journey via the M6 car park is the pits. I'm just not prepared to do it.
I agree about the different car parking arrangements. I assume the caravan show organisers pay for block booking of the car parks - they have a section set up as a camp site, I think.
So I go to the nearer and cheaper shows at Manchester. The caravan one is very good, the bike one less so, but there are bargains to be had and I enjoy looking at the clubs section with the vintage bikes.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I'm going to it on Thursday 23rd 8-)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Then you have the 50 down to 30 MPH M6 around Brum to contend with a total balls ache of a road.

Return to “THE PUB”