Top 3 worst feelings on a bike

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
dubber68

Top 3 worst feelings on a bike

Post by dubber68 »

Okay what are your top 3 worst feelings on a bike? Mine are

1. The feeling you get when that first trickle of cold water hits your gonads when your waterproofs leak.
2. The painful feeling you get in your arse after a marathon day that no amount of re-positioning will make go away
3. The "Oh shit" moment when a car pulls out in front of you.

Take it away folks!
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Ksithumper

Re: Top 3 worst feelings on a bike

Post by Ksithumper »

1. when the front slides and tucks and you know you are down. ( you get used to that feeling on wet chalk down here in Hants)
2. as 1, but half way across a ford.
3. Horribly expensive rattly noises in the motor department !
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

1. When you notice a car driver definitely hasn't seen you and is going to complete their maneuver no matter what.
2. When you try to look cool when riding through a busy town and stall at traffic lights.
3. When you're soaked through, it's cold, there's no sign of the rain stopping and you've still got three hours to reach your destination and warmth.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

1.When it's so foggy you don't think it could be any worse....then the centre line stops.
2.When you forget to swap over your scratched tinted visor for the evening ride home....then it starts raining.
3.When you have to stop unexpectedly...and then realise the camber of the road is so steep you can't touch the ground.
DizzyDee

Post by DizzyDee »

1 That prickly heat feeling that some plonker s about to do something that is detrimental to your health.
2 Hip cramp
3 Definitely wet crouch
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

1. When you get totally wrapped up in ten layers for a frosty ride, set off and realise you need a sh!t.

2. When you move you bike and stand flips up and it starts falling away from you and you realise you can't stop it.

3. (I live south of Bristol just off the M5) when you get to work in Gloucestershire on a summer Friday and remember you should have brought your bike to save being stuck in traffic for three hours...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

When you are on your way to the Spa 24hr race and you have just ridden 120 miles from the Thames Valley to Dover. You have booked in to the Travelodge for the night, so you park up and stick your disc-lock on the front wheel. It's the press-button type. You get changed and go to the bar, at which point something nags at the back of your mind and you realise that you didn't pack the key to release the disc-lock. So you borrow one of your fellow traveller's bikes and ride all the way back home, retrieve the disc-lock key and ride all the way back to Dover again, by which time everyone is asleep. A week later your mate gets a speeding ticket...

Don't ask me how I know all of this.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Being so cold that the only way to come to a stop is to lean against a lamp post for a few minutes with both feet still on the footrests. (Early 70's bike gear was crap).

Missed gear change during posing acceleration. An all too frequent occurrence, sadly.

Chatting to a delightful young lady fence judge at a horse trail and catching your trousers in the footpeg spikes. I did get applause for a great rebalance and save but a hole in the trouser leg.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

1.Having a huge Red Stag ambush you from the side leap across your front mudguard and then farting like an enrage bull elephant leaving you to go through the green noxious mist.

2. Going for a nice easy Sunday ride and then getting the feeling that every car and truck driver is out to get you.

3. Having a major sneezing fit whilst going along M27 with you visor down
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

On a summer afternoon accelerating to of a small Welsh border town on a Laverda 750 and just as you notch it into third at about 70 mph, nod of the head to get the visor down, with a bumble bee indeed it ...

Late October on a deserted Spanish sierra at about 1,600 metres as the sun begins to lower and the temperature falling, a puncture miles from any where and your main phone doesn't have coverage, use second phone with universal cover and get into prolonged argument with the rescue as to whether the road - eleven metres wide 'A' category road - is actually a gravel track. And your pay-as-you-use charge runs out - see part II below!

Definitely the wet crutch moment, made worse when riding past a nice little hotel where you just know that 'Jim' Bondyxz is enjoying a nice beer after a hot shower while you have to ride another 20 kms to a wet camp ...

OK part II - despite a kind officer saving my bacon, or at east a bitter cold night in a desolate lay-by, losing al the respect you once had for the Spanish Guardia Civil after watching dozens of images of them bearing the shit out of scores of innocent civilians, including elderly women and someone giving cardiac massage to and elderly man lying prone on the ground - here in the 21st Century folks ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to β€œTHE PUB”