Re: Getting a bit sick of this.

Post by WIBO »

You should say what you mean Phil.

:lol: :lol:
Will It Buff Out?
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

A colleague had his bike stolen from our works car park (30 minutes after I'd left on mine apparently). It was a nothing special FZ6. It's all on CCTV but the police say forget about it. On the same day his wife had her scooter nicked from outside their house. The theory is that he's been followed/stalked. He's just moved to a rather dodgy area and was warned but thought he was getting a good deal on a house and poo-poo'd the advice.

Doesn't matter where you live or how much security you try, if they target you, you're done. About six months ago, Ducati Manchester was raided and two/three bikes went. Within a couple of weeks they were done again! No subtlety, just straight through the front and bollox to the security system.

I've taught some of these scrotes and they just don't care. No prospects, everything worth having is out of their reach, no ambition and no idea of what to do with themselves. No punishment will stop them because what else are they going to do?
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I've taught some of these scrotes and they just don't care. No prospects, everything worth having is out of their reach, no ambition and no idea of what to do with themselves. No punishment will stop them because what else are they going to do?

Sorry Dave they could get a job simples really, and before the great shout goes up, I was dragged up in Wolverhampton on the worse council estate there Low Hill the grand edifice was called (those who know Wolves will know what I am on about) I know lots of people who never turned to crime so it can be done quite simply. It's a poor excuse to say everything is out of their reach it's out of their reach because they are to lazy to extent their arms (unless it's to nick something) and simply lack any ambition to get of their fackin arse's and do something about it.

I'm glad someone is teaching them because I never went to school I worked so I could buy clothes and food from a very early age and by the age of 14 I had my clothes tailor the tailor who got to know me let me have clothes on the never never he used to think it was funny

yet from this very humble :? beginning I have managed to travel the world have had some very decent jobs and some really shit ones but the shit ones helped me get into a position to get better ones

900k poles in this country from the EU how many of them have turned to crime ? ferk knows how many Rumanian car washes there are in Stourbridge they always seem to be doing ok, it's all about attitude :shock:

a scrote is a scrote end of, can they change yes they just need to want simples really

end of lecture sorry :oops:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Cheers boys, glad its not just me that gets annoyed.

Moving to the country, I'd give my left nut to. I like the convenience of living in a "city" but in all honesty I hate people, crowds and noise and am generally a bit of a country bumpkin recluse kind of guy, and so is the Mrs if we substitute guy for girl :D . Unfortunately though with her going back to uni and no deposit saved and Me changing jobs again I doubt its going to happen anytime soon, well 3 years is the plan.

I'd set up cameras if I could, and an alarm but I live in a flat with the garages just round the corner separate and they don't have electricity apart from the solar system I put in and no WiFi so that plan is out. I'm looking at renting a small unit somewhere nearby though so that will have power and I can get a CCTV and alarm setup, as well as an extract system so I don't keep nearly gassing myself :lol:

It was definitely targeted, its the same garage they had the last one from about 6 months ago which would probably be the right amount of time to get a new bike and start being complacent with security again. The taureg got stolen about 3 weeks after I advertised it on the bike bay on Facebook, not saying that was connected but it seems a little too convenient....

As for the maglite, I change my own tyres fairly frequently and just happen to have some 18 inch tyre levers, extra length for extra leverage right guys :twisted: but with the garage being away from the flat I never know when they go round. I'd love to kick the crap out of them but there's two unfortunate consequences to it, 1 I get nicked and goodbye new nice, well paying job have a free holiday at her majesty's expense and 2 next time they come back with more mates, nick the bike anyway and wait around until I'm there, they probably don't have jobs (I decided to buy a flat in the middle of a council estate) so they've got plenty of free time :x

I've met plenty of people like the ones who do all this, no drive, no ambition, no job, no support, no consequences and no insentive not to be a dick. I went to school with them and could've easily ended up like them (a guy in several of my classes at school actually broke into my sister's house last year in a fairly horrifically violent incident to steal a car he totalled 4 miles down the road) I grew up in a small town in the deepest darkest black country, surrounded on every side by closed mines and open factories, my secondary school used to do early starts and an early finish on Friday at lunchtime, they knew where most of us would end up working :lol:

My mandatory education wasn't exactly brilliant, I'm certainly no academic genius, and I didn't have that many more chances than a lot of the people I knew but I built a career, I knew what I was good at and that it wasn't book learnding :lol: so I did something with my hands and less with my brain (I'll point out I'm not an idiot or that I have no formal qualifications, I'm just a bit crap with academic stuff and find doing things with my hands comes naturally so I did an apprenticeship)

Christ its the Midlands its not that hard to find work but you have to actually want to look it, I and a lot of people I know are living proof of it, but it needs to benefit there life and unfortunately its not a quick thing so what's the point eh :evil: .

I don't know what the answer is, I doubt its hearts and minds, let's be kind to everyone we don't know what they're going through bullshit though. I used to like to believe that essentially everyone is at least fairly decent, and if you keep yourself to yourself and your chin up, don't impact anyone elses life then you'll be alright and have nothing to worry about and people will leave you be the same as you leave them be. I was wrong though and it pisses me off :x

Edit: I forgot about our police presence, I know they're stretched and underfunded but we rarely see them here attending to anything that looks even remotely like a crime.

unfortunately I know this from practical experience, story time yay :lol: . Both times I've had a bike stolen I've had a crime number over the phone, that's standard I now but its still rubbish.

The other month I got back home with the Mrs and we were going to go for a pint, just a quite midweek pint, and we got asked for some help by a young guy who'd, for lack of a better expression, had the absolute piss beaten out of him. We did what normal law abiding people should do and rang the police on 999 to report it and the offender's probably still being in the area and asked for an ambulance (dudes face was reasonably swollen and brain injuries aren't something to guess about)

after 45 minutes I rang back up to ask where they were and got told they were on their way, after an hour and fifteen I rang up again to ask were they were and got there were no available ambulance or police units, in the west Midlands, apparently Tuesday nights at 7 oclock are prime time for crime :shock:

after 2 hours and 15 minutes (roughly obviously) an ambulance eventually turned up and carted the guy off to a&e. They told us if we'd rang the police we'd have to stay around and wait for them to let them know what happened, after another 15 minutes, so over 2 and a half hour by this point, we said sod this and started walking to the pub.

I rang the police again (non emergency number) to let them know the dude had been taken off to a&e and we didn't actually see anything so isn't any point in us talking to them, the response was that the ambulance service had informed them they picked the kid up so the cancelled the call to where we were and would send a unit to the a&e, nice of them to let us know eh, considering I'd given them my contact details and asked to get an update on anything :x
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

perhaps the scrotes should think a little along these lines ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Redmurty wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:54 pm

perhaps the scrotes should think a little along these lines ;)

cheers Spud ;)
That is a very trippy video mate :lol:
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Redmurty wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:18 pm I've taught some of these scrotes and they just don't care. No prospects, everything worth having is out of their reach, no ambition and no idea of what to do with themselves. No punishment will stop them because what else are they going to do?

Sorry Dave they could get a job simples really, and before the great shout goes up, I was dragged up in Wolverhampton on the worse council estate there Low Hill the grand edifice was called (those who know Wolves will know what I am on about) I know lots of people who never turned to crime so it can be done quite simply. It's a poor excuse to say everything is out of their reach it's out of their reach because they are to lazy to extent their arms (unless it's to nick something) and simply lack any ambition to get of their fackin arse's and do something about it.

I'm glad someone is teaching them because I never went to school I worked so I could buy clothes and food from a very early age and by the age of 14 I had my clothes tailor the tailor who got to know me let me have clothes on the never never he used to think it was funny

yet from this very humble :? beginning I have managed to travel the world have had some very decent jobs and some really shit ones but the shit ones helped me get into a position to get better ones

900k poles in this country from the EU how many of them have turned to crime ? ferk knows how many Rumanian car washes there are in Stourbridge they always seem to be doing ok, it's all about attitude :shock:

a scrote is a scrote end of, can they change yes they just need to want simples really

end of lecture sorry :oops:

cheers Spud ;)

Yip...a scummer is a scummer .....mostly.........Maglites do help from a legal prospective...ahem.

:)

Will It Buff Out?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Scummers are not born that way but they do 'learn what they live' and if they witness crime as a lifestyle then that is what they will see as being the acceptable norm. Removing the negative role models will help stop the next generation walking the same path.
Personally I think scummers are the cancer within society and should be dealt with accordingly but until Society stops voting for selfish/self-serving Politicians, who treat our Taxes as their own, we will not get the Public services we need to cut out this cancer. Not all scummers come at night to take away your hard earnt possessions ..............
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

''Tis the season
Darker and longer nights
Windy too - so more difficult to hear them
Quite a few quads been nicked from farms locally in last 10 days
Best deterrent is not to let anyone know you have a bike - I van all my dirt/trail bikes in and out of my property
Road bikes - I keep them out of sight and if there are any vehicles in the village that are unknown to me, I go around the block again
I work on them in the garage with the door shut or around back of house where they cannot be seen by anybody
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:03 am Scummers are not born that way but they do 'learn what they live' and if they witness crime as a lifestyle then that is what they will see as being the acceptable norm. Removing the negative role models will help stop the next generation walking the same path.
I wasn't justifying or sympathising with these scrotes in my earlier post, just suggesting this is how they view the world, rightly or wrongly. It's not the attitude of all the more disadvantages side of the community, but it is the ones that rightly receive the most exposure and outrage.

They live in a bubble where their behaviour is seen as"inevitable" and "normal" so breaking this attitude, as Tonibe63 suggests, would seem a good tactic. But it is a difficult and slow process not helped by the massive disparity between the well-to-do and the disadvantaged, the huge numbers of "just getting by" and their lack of prospects of getting out of this trap. Thatcher started that ball rolling 30 years ago, it'll take that long to put it right if the politicians have a will. (Sorry I'm lecturing :) )

Yes of course the Poles, Romanians etc who come here, work hard. They've just moved hundreds of miles to a foreign country, sometimes with their whole family. They're the go-getting hard workers. All the feckless ones are still at home being a burden in their own country. I know a few people who moved into Europe from UK (for fun really) and got jobs as caretakers, shopworkers that type of role. They had degrees or good qualifications.

I lived in an area on the outskirts of a dodgy estate and had my van broken into or nicked 7 times in 3 years. I moved away. Best decision (touch wood!).

Return to “THE PUB”