Getting a bit sick of this.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mad Hatter

Getting a bit sick of this.

Post by Mad Hatter »

Had a strange gut feeling last night before I went to work and slapped the alarmed disk locks I got delivered on all the bikes and made sure everything was locked up tight, even ordered another tracker to test.

Got home from work this morning at 5 am to find some scutter had tried to break into one of the garages, luckily it was they one they got into last time that I'd reinforced the back of the door with a load of angle iron so they didn't manage to pry the lock off and the doors open this time. I'm very thankful of that because it was the girlfriends bike that was in there not mine. :x

So a mad morning dash loading bikes into the van and asking favours of people with space in their garages so I can move the bikes.

But I'm getting really sick of this, I'm a normal bloke I go to work, pay my taxes, try to get on with everyone and don't cause anyone any hassle. I like to ride bikes and work on them, its my hobby its what I do and I out a lot of time and care into it, I don't get much time for it anyway lately with work and everything else.

its really starting to get me down with always having to use 2 chains, 2 disk locks a steering lock and whatever else I've got, Christ I'd even got into the habit of taking the wheels off the bikes if they weren't going anywhere for a while and putting them in the back of my van, and all because some jobless scutter thinks its ok to just go out and steal people bikes. I've worked hard for them, they aren't new and the are fancy but they belong to me and the Mrs, Christ hers is Chinese and mine are probably only worth 2k together ;)

After the years of riding, the falls, the broken bones, the discomfort, the cost and the getting frozen and piss wet through the only thing that makes me think about saying fuck it and selling up is getting another bike stolen, the next one will be the 4th :( I'm aware I don't live in the best of areas but I swear it wasn't like this 5 years ago :(

So there's my rant this morn, it probably doesn't make sense and it probably doesn't matter in all honesty I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Remember guys, stick as many locks on as you can and trust your gut, sometimes its right :evil:
Billy Bananahead

Re: Getting a bit sick of this.

Post by Billy Bananahead »

I feel for you mate. It's fking disgusting.
Next time you get a gut feeling, stay the night and when the scum turns up batter the living shit out of them. That's the only language the bastards understand.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I really feel for you as well Rich, unfortunately I don't know what the answer is to these low life scum. I just hope that with all the precautions you've taken the scrotes will move on to an easier target :cry:
one-legged adventurer
JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

I'd stick a camera up somewhere so at least they get identified and the filth will have footage of the act of vandalism at the very least.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Ah see you are all making the mistake of not understanding the poor people who are forced into a life of crime because of the poor living standards that the poor youth of today have to live through. Please be more understanding to the plight of your fellow human being and being willing to share your wealth that you have been fortunate to be given. You must of been given this wealth because obviously you could not of gotten off your own arse and actually earned enough to buy such luxuries :?

Unfortunately if you have been targeted once you are a lot more likely to be targeted a second time, of course we could send the poor unfortunate criminal luxury holiday somewhere to teach them crime does not pay or you could and speak to the local scrotes and find out who is targeting you and then have a painful conversation with them be aware should you be caught during this conversation or if the said criminal does not like the tone of your voice and then makes a complaint to the police and this complaint goes to the CPS (criminal protection society) you as a law abiding citizen and having a decent job and disposalable income you will be dealt with in the appropriate manner according to the law of the land ;) thus the systems will pat itself on the back for making a suitable example of you to deter people from a life of crime. Thus ending your problems and the world will be good again.

Moral of the story "don't get caught" teaching someone a lesson ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Last edited by Redmurty on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Had a bike nicked. Moved to the country. Best decision I've ever made.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
herman

Post by herman »

Another kicker... the local press recently had the usual outrage headline about anti-social bike use along mutant mile in Southampton. The pic they used was my mates stolen crf being hooned around. The scroats can't be chased and if they are caught with it the just say they found it along with the bolt croppers. Feel for you mate :evil:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Brenhden wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:35 am Had a bike nicked. Moved to the country. Best decision I've ever made.
I did the same,i know you shouldn,t have to do that and not everyone can . I have had no problems since.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

The problem with 'catching them' at the time is once you use e.g. a baseball bat or a bar it then becomes an offensive weapon depending where it was being used.....and with intent as it were, which means you can be liable to be scooped as you went out to do your own damage to them.

I know..... ..stupid....

..........However, some might say if you happen to have this on the end of your hand.......it's nice 20 inches long and heavy and was being used for what to was intended for until you ' had to protect yourself' with it. :lol: :lol:

http://maglite.com/shop/flashlights/ful ... dis_9uB10s

Where I lived before I liked to have one close to hand at night time just in case any scummers happened to be around my motos.

I did happen to see one one time make of with a petrol disc cutter from my shed.......which he dropped once I caught him and 'shined the light in his eyes' ...... I think he tripped and fell leaving a couple of bruises to his forehead due to being blinded by the maglite before he 'escaped' :lol:

The power cutter was OK.

Just thought I'd mention it.

:D
Last edited by WIBO on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

As you're not allowed to shoot them how about setting up some sort of trap that sprays acid their faces as they open the door , fucking bastards should have their hand cut off

Return to “THE PUB”