Getting a bit sick of this.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
BIG DON

Re: Getting a bit sick of this.

Post by BIG DON »

I was dragged up in Wolverhampton on the worse council estate there Low Hill the grand edifice was called (those who know Wolves will know what I am on about)

"Blimey Red" I was born down the road next door to the TA barracks by showel circus, I can remember all the walls having cemented broken glass on the tops, today they worry about the scrotes hurting themselves so you would be done for protecting your own property.

"MH" the West Midlands was always a sh*t hole there was always areas were the police did not dare set foot for fear of being set upon or had up for harassment, I did what the politicians used to say I got on my bike [okay motorbike]and moved best thing I did picked up the shilling and went,
I don't think you will ever have piece of mind unless you do something and move.

I just paid a visit to my old town while visiting family in Staff's sorry to say it is still a Sh*t Hole, okay more industry and more universities and lots of paint and a hell of a lot more people but its just a bigger painted turd.

D
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Sad to hear of anyone having their PAJ nicked and Faceache seems to be regularly littered with shares for people's nicked bikes

My 3 are in the garage with the inside of the door (the internal frame) chained to a heavy lump of immovable metal (about 1/3rd ton of 1964 Elliott 10M shaper).

Externally I've 5 CCTV cameras on 30 day stored recording after a bloke at the end of the close had his BSA nicked in broad daylight. I thought it was out of his garage but turns out he had it outside and behind under a tarpaulin whilst he was working on it. Phoned up and told his insurance it was no longer inside the garage and within 48 hours it was nicked

Coincidence?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

BIG DON wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:26 pm I was dragged up in Wolverhampton on the worse council estate there Low Hill the grand edifice was called (those who know Wolves will know what I am on about)

"Blimey Red" I was born down the road next door to the TA barracks by showel circus, I can remember all the walls having cemented broken glass on the tops, today they worry about the scrotes hurting themselves so you would be done for protecting your own property.

"MH" the West Midlands was always a sh*t hole there was always areas were the police did not dare set foot for fear of being set upon or had up for harassment, I did what the politicians used to say I got on my bike [okay motorbike]and moved best thing I did picked up the shilling and went,
I don't think you will ever have piece of mind unless you do something and move.

I just paid a visit to my old town while visiting family in Staff's sorry to say it is still a Sh*t Hole, okay more industry and more universities and lots of paint and a hell of a lot more people but its just a bigger painted turd.

D
posh end of the estate :lol: knew quite a few of the guys who instructed in the TA centre, my mom used to clean at the fire station where I spent time climbing the fire tower. Whitgreave school then Bushbury sec mod.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Gerry Atric69

Post by Gerry Atric69 »

I read a recent report about a guy who dug a pit all around his bike covered with artificial grass and some poor tealeaf fell in. Problem is you you need to help him out probably easiest with a rope around his neck or similar.
roberteagle6

Post by roberteagle6 »

Just picked up on this thread, luckily I havn't had any serious problems myself. Just a thought, assuming that you have electricity and have put lights up, where you choose to run the wiring, or hang inspection lamps is up to you - should these be in close proximity to where the thieves break in, their problem if they cut through the wire whilst breaking in

Another thought, but a bit more expensive - to keep my horses from breaking through the wooden fencing, I put up electric fencing (rope with small strands of wire to conduct the electricity) the electricity is pulsed through the rope via an energiser - the bang is unpleasant but not life threatening, and would dissuade anyone from continuing to force entry. The system is designed to continue issuing electric shocks, so does not blow any fuses when triggered. Any metal object in contact with the rope will give a shock when touched (like a padlock for example !) :?: :o
scouse

Post by scouse »

Easiest option is to do what I did and move to a better area.

Still close to town but a satellite village, no job changes, bigger more secure garage and loads of retired folk in the street curtain twitching.

It got weary having years of constant checking and repairing failed attempts. I feel for you .
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “THE PUB”