Lyndon Poskitt

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
IanB

Lyndon Poskitt

Post by IanB »

Pyn's on Channel 4 now, Escape
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
Africa John

Re: Lyndon Poskitt

Post by Africa John »

Glad I recorded it now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

They didn,t show him in a very good light. There were some right bolshy feminist "engineers" who were obviously well qualified and experienced but they made it all about their feelings being hurt as Lyndon took control of the situation. In a real survival situation there would be no time for this bullshit if a natural leader stepped up to the plate.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

I enjoyed it. He wasn't showed in a good light but I think it was edited that way for TV. He asked valid questions "what's your experience with this" and the girls just jumped down his throat. But you could also tell something bigger was an issue as Ant mentioned a few times Lyndon was causing fracture in the group. Plus he got fed up when asked what the final problem was an "fuelling issue" wasn't the answer he wanted from Lyndon. Ant was obviously aware the spark plugs were an issue that the group failed to check.

Still, great hours viewing I thought.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Totally staged--down to the "levelled" track for the small wheels to roll on. Unfortunately Lyndon came over (even in the edited programme, and by his own admission) as a complete know it all dick head who doesn't listen. I know he can ride a bike, sort himself out in difficult situations etc--but on his own! His comments made me cringe and did nothing to build a team spirit--they were all relative youngsters after all with still a lot to learn. They should have had Guy Martin--but maybe he turned it down!!
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 am Totally staged--down to the "levelled" track for the small wheels to roll on. Unfortunately Lyndon came over (even in the edited programme, and by his own admission) as a complete know it all dick head who doesn't listen. I know he can ride a bike, sort himself out in difficult situations etc--but on his own! His comments made me cringe and did nothing to build a team spirit--they were all relative youngsters after all with still a lot to learn. They should have had Guy Martin--but maybe he turned it down!!
I agree totally,nobody is in any danger,the rescue helicopter/doctor etc is only a satphone call away. Like scrapheap challenge everything is calculated and placed so that the task is achievable. I was shouting at the TV use the ratchet straps to lift the load and make a pulley block etc. Also when the tyre was flat to use a fire extinguisher.The track was levelled for them and at the end they said it was only 30km to the road. They could have walked it in five days! The water being allowed to leak out all added to the perceived drama too. I like Ant Middleton but i think he has taken on a pup as Mutiny and the programme about the SAS training were much better.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

frenchy3 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:33 am
catcitrus wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 am Totally staged--down to the "levelled" track for the small wheels to roll on. Unfortunately Lyndon came over (even in the edited programme, and by his own admission) as a complete know it all dick head who doesn't listen. I know he can ride a bike, sort himself out in difficult situations etc--but on his own! His comments made me cringe and did nothing to build a team spirit--they were all relative youngsters after all with still a lot to learn. They should have had Guy Martin--but maybe he turned it down!!
I agree totally,nobody is in any danger,the rescue helicopter/doctor etc is only a satphone call away. Like scrapheap challenge everything is calculated and placed so that the task is achievable. I was shouting at the TV use the ratchet straps to lift the load and make a pulley block etc. Also when the tyre was flat to use a fire extinguisher.The track was levelled for them and at the end they said it was only 30km to the road. They could have walked it in five days! The water being allowed to leak out all added to the perceived drama too. I like Ant Middleton but i think he has taken on a pup as Mutiny and the programme about the SAS training were much better.
I agree with you--but walking it in a couple of days is not really film worthy!--lets see what the next episodes bring--even the second version of flight of the Phoenix was miles better than this--all that effort to drag that wreckage into a bit of sand--and then clean it all up afterwards. The film crew were probably well rested and sipping ice cold drinks between shoots-so contrived-at least on the Bounty adventure they did their own filming.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Bit off topic...but if you want a decent series where a life is really on the line take a look for Ed Stafford, Naked and Marooned. He did 60 days on a desert island with no kit (bar self film kit).

And then his series called marooned where he proves he can survive in many different locations. Again, with no kit.

Ace, I really enjoyed them.

Return to “THE PUB”