Ambulances

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
qcnr

Ambulances

Post by qcnr »

With blues and two's going.
dangerous fucking things :-O Nearly ended up on the front of one yesterday.
On my way home there is a blind corner with a junction that goes down into a dip. This means that for the direction
I was travelling in the overview of the traffic is very limited for a few 100m. Now I always approach this junction slightly
more towards the central divider lines, just incase there is a numpty not looking (or seeing a bike). The speed limit is 70 km/h but traffic tends to flow at between 70-80 km/h normally.
I also wear earplugs, as my helmet has quite a lot of windnoise. There was a van infront of me by about 6-8 car lengths.
Bearing in mind I didn't hear anything, and I have a nice flow and line coming round the bend keeping one eye on he junction. As the dip starts to come into view, so does a yellow ambulance with bright blue flashy things. :o :o
The spooky bit is that as it has passed the van infront of me, the driver has decided that a blind corner is a great place
to overtake traffic infront of him/ her :o :shock: So this ambulace and I are now rapidly approaching each other as it has
already crossed the central divider lines on the road with its wheels.
Fuck me, I didn't realise changing line in a corner could be done so quickly. And the wing mirror on an ambulance is
really big when it is focused in your mind. If I had stuck my elbow out I am certain it would be fucking sore today and that
ambulance would have had an elbow sized scratch down the side of it....
Had it been worse, it wouldn't have been too bad as there was another ambulance following a few 100m behind without flashy lights... :lol: :lol: :shock:

Return to “THE PUB”