Driverless cars

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Driverless cars

Post by Tonibe63 »

Mike54 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 am better rail investment and get truck cargo on the rails. Also I'd like to see what happens in many european countries - trucks barred from the mways on sundays
Freight on rail could work but only on long haul loads, not the everyday stock replenishment or overnight delivery stuff.
If we ban trucks from the safest roads in the Country on Sundays you either increase traffic on the other 6 days or they take to the minor roads on a Sunday, both are a backward step.
Banning left hand drive trucks would drastically reduce the number of accidents/congestion.
Making the Supermarkets limit their trucks to 56mph instead of the stupid 50mph that many of the big companies currently do would cut down on accidents/congestion (trucks running in lane 2 are often in a line overtaking a Coop/Tesco/Sainsbury truck in lane 1).
We the consumer also need to stop buying cheap shit to replace the cheap shit we bought last week/month/year then we wouldn't need to run freight 24/7 or be moving our rubbish to landfill/recycling/back to China.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Did make me laugh when I heard the idea of the trucks, the brand new trucks we have are pretty much there, with lane control and auto speed controls and emergency auto braking, all well and good on someones simulator back in RnD, but the tec is not there yet, as the emergency braking is always locking the bloody trailer up, because of a road sign on a bend, the truck software doesn't know your about to turn left or right what ever the case may be, so sees the sign as a hazard and throws the brakes on, not helping the driver or dimos on there phone following or even the MPG as you have to get back up to speed again.
Most of the other sensors will pack up at the slightest sign of rain and you get an impromptu disco light display as all the warning lights come on, as for better mpg all euro6 have eco and accelerator limiters fitted so the best mpg is attained.
The only reason for the big supermarkets having trucks limited to 52mph instead of 56mph is the reduced VED for the goverment and they can wrap it up as being green.
Will be interesting after 2019 as the 56 is an EU directive and not our speed limit, so may go back up to 60mph.
Now if someone can just help me put this soap box away.... :lol:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Dont tell emm about autobraking stewie...its scary enough without some carefull driver cutting us up only for the truck to apply brakes so he dosent rear end them...

All this is useless if othet vehicles on the road dont have or use it...i turned mine off :shock: and we all know truck speed restrictions are easily bypased :P
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:29 am This is all leading up to driverless motorbikes. Surprised no one saw that one coming.
:lol:
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:29 am This is all leading up to driverless motorbikes. Surprised no one saw that one coming.
my green lane bike does that on a regular basis :oops:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”