Insurance---that old chestnut

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

Re: Insurance---that old chestnut

Post by lancashirelad »

Lastime I changed bikes I told CN I'd sold the bike they gave me two weeks to find another or they would have to cancel the policy two weeks went by & I never heard anything else then I took out a classic policy with another company.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Black Jack

Post by Black Jack »

This is the "logic" of insurance companies.....
I have a policy which covers my Transalp 700 and Ducati 998. I also own a wee 125 scrambler- which costs twice as much to insure because ..... ummm..... I am more likely to have an accident on it. Really?
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Black Jack wrote:This is the "logic" of insurance companies.....
I have a policy which covers my Transalp 700 and Ducati 998. I also own a wee 125 scrambler- which costs twice as much to insure because ..... ummm..... I am more likely to have an accident on it. Really?
DR 350 £33 as it's less likely to be nicked than my Tiger :dry: :whistle: (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
XTChris

Post by XTChris »

Black Jack wrote:This is the "logic" of insurance companies.....
It has been many years since I dealt with motorcycle insurance. However, their statistics will show that the 125cc is more likely to be involved in an accident. Which in most cases will be true as 125cc is the learner cut off age and there tends to be more of them about being ridden by the less experienced rider.
Black Jack

Post by Black Jack »

I agree with the bit about less experienced riders..... but they did ask my age and how long I had my full licence.... I am 50 and got a full licence in 1985... so I don't really find that's any reason...
They fact is they shouldn't be looking at the statistics of other riders, as I am not insuring them. They should be looking at MY statistics....
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I rang CN today told them I'd sold the CCM but it hadn't gone yet I asked what it would cost when I buy another he said £40 + ??££ss if the bike I get is a bigger risk, so spent a bit of time online getting quotes a few came in at £85/£95 without breakdown cover, MCE came in at £108 the best price that inc b.down cover. CN also said if I cancel the policy I wouldn't get credited this years NCD I said well that's no problem as I have 18yrs of NCD!!
Post Office insurance came top in all the quotes there seems to be some tie up with them & Devitt??
As we all know £40 is a rip off for typing a few letters & numbers into a computer tho.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

I did read somewhere a while ago that they view long years of no claims as a high risk for some odd reason!
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

Andi_Archer wrote:I did read somewhere a while ago that they view long years of no claims as a high risk for some odd reason!
now I'd love to see the jangled reasoning behind that if it's true :silly:
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Andi_Archer wrote:I did read somewhere a while ago that they view long years of no claims as a high risk for some odd reason!
Like the law of averages says I must be due one :(
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I have 3 bikes on the same policy with Aviva via CN--just sold and cancelled the Honda NX 250 and replaced it with a Super Sherpa(not on their data base--another grey import and bit unusual)--but anywho, they eventually came back and charged me 38 quid to swap--which I reckon is just about all their usual admin costs. They are decent to deal with, all bikes are fully comp--and you get free European breakdown cover so need for the AA etc.

Return to “THE PUB”