Carole Nash

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Oop North John

Re: Carole Nash

Post by Oop North John »

DaveCon wrote: I quit CN this year after many, many years because of this sort of thing. When I contacted my new insurer for a quote the guy said "if you do decide to go with us ring me on this number as I'll be dealing with your policy..." What a shock :ohmy: (in a good way)
Unless it's something like Aviva where only one person looks after your claim, and they go on holiday etc and then nothing gets done till they get back :(
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

As said before I go with the cheapest now, might be OK, might not? don`t know unless you have to claim, back with Hastings this year as they were cheapest, silly price from them 3 years ago :huh:
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

IainD wrote:I am now not sorry to add them to my list of idiots I will never deal with again. Don't get me wrong, individually they are polite and appear to be helpful, but even speaking slowly and carefully doesn't get through to them.

Avoid, you have been warned.
Wonder if these people work for npower as well 'cos they are another set of muppets who can't hand a complicated case on between handlers!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

BlueUK wrote:
lancashirelad wrote:I thought you could only use NCD on one bike if you insure them separate how does that work?
Insure the largest cc bike with your NCD and the smaller bike without NCD. Even once my other bikes accumulate more NCD, the price doesn't come down much so try it with multi and individually and see how you get on.
Carol Nash were cheap (£100ish) with my renewal on my 1200GS and it included Euro Breakdown. A month later I rang to add a 2nd bike (1200cc) and they qouted an additional £550 for 11 months :huh:. I ended up getting a second policy with 0% NCD for £140 fully comp from Hastings.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Tonibe63 wrote:Carol Nash were cheap (£100ish) with my renewal on my 1200GS and it included Euro Breakdown. A month later I rang to add a 2nd bike (1200cc) and they qouted an additional £550 for 11 months :huh:. I ended up getting a second policy with 0% NCD for £140 fully comp from Hastings.
This is just madness.

Sad thing is, if you have 1 claim, all your NCD on all your vehicles is effected. It's not a level playing field.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It's not...but the industry is STILL losing money on motor insurance.
Careful drivers with insurance subsidise careless drivers without insurance. In many cases, the fines courts impose on uninsured drivers are less than the premium they have avoided paying.
The Government gets its share through IPT...and then has pushed up insurance costs by changing the Ogden rules so that on major injury claims they have to pay out more than the amount awarded by the courts.
And then there's whiplash...claims at record levels despite cars now being fitted with seats that drastically reduce the occurrence and severity of this kind of soft-tissue injury...one which of course is very difficult to conclusively diagnose.
And there's crash for cash...which is an industry all in its own.
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

Old Git Ray wrote: This is just madness.

Sad thing is, if you have 1 claim, all your NCD on all your vehicles is effected. It's not a level playing field.
I think the issue is that few companies do multibike policies so they don't need to be as competitive as those doing individual policies.
My bikes are individually insured by Bennetts if I recall rightly.
john-g

Post by john-g »

I've had a multi-bike policy with CN for a long, long time, but at last renewal they asked about modifications. All was OK until it came to my old Ducati and when I told them it had been resprayed from Blue to Black and Gold many years ago, they immediately wanted to increase this bike's share of the premium from £100 to £400. Told them I would put this extra money towards a respray back to standard, which has now been done and added value to the bike. Just waiting for the renewal date to re-insure at the normal price.
690 Adv

Post by 690 Adv »

Yesterday got my renewal notice in from CN, I called to ask a few insignificant questions, no immediate answer available so I said I would call today to give the Op time to source an answer. Called today and guess what no answer, the guy Mohamed ? had not did as he said he would. Anyway decided to carry on the enquiry by again going through all the blurb and questions, tediously boring, at the start of the conversation my renewal notice was £287.42 for two bikes, by the time we, Sharlene, was her name, had finished it was £320 and a few pence.
I am a member of the IAM, so made the approach and got arguably better cover for, ...........£199.18. Sharlene at CN was not interested in trying find a better quote, in fact she was acting as if she Duty Customer Prevention Officer, I tried reasoning with her but she spiralled down into a snarky little bit of humanity.
In my experience CN was good, but I'm afrais I will not be going back to spend my hard earned Tax paid income on an org that behaves so badly.
M
noodles

Post by noodles »

CN are a shadow of what they once were, now you end up on the phone with some half wit who I am certain is sat there with his black tracksuit bottoms tucked into his Rockport shoes whilst rolling a a fag ... garbage firm now!

Return to “THE PUB”