People that you meet...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Brads

Re: People that you meet...

Post by Brads »

They aren`t 1% anything.
You tend to find that HOG folk are a bit weird and not quite all there. They play at it so try too hard.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

Hoggies won't talk to me either and I've got an Electra Glide!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I have the greatest conversations outside french supermarkets :woohoo: .....
BIG DON

Post by BIG DON »

What is this 1% business ??

B)

The Original 1% was not a Harley thing but belonged to the Hells Angel's, in the late 70's I lived in the west midlands and there were a few chapters of Angel's all wore the Diamond 1% badge [they are more a lifestyle thing than just bikes 1% of society like, a bit like masons but on two wheels :whistle: ] it has over the years progressed on all thing Harleys the old angels certainly did not have all Harleys as some had rather modified jap fours.

On all my travels including having spent a lot of time in the states I must say I have found the British Harley groups to be the most offish, F**k em I say I get enjoyment on all sorts of bikes and have owned some rather odd ones in my time but I have found the guy in the old weathered gear and bike to have more interesting story's to tell.

D
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

They are Hells Angels. I suspect these clowns were not as it is very rare from my limited experience for the real deal to brag about who they are and which chapter they are from. I do support 81 but there are many wannabees out there. I rode a Harley Davidson MT350 and it really got up the HOG groups noses if you made an appearance on the MT,s as they are a mixture of British/Austrian/Italian and were just made in the USA by Harley as they were in trouble at the time and manufacturing 2500 of these bikes saved their bacon. I met some of the best people riding the crappest bikes and would never belittle anyone on two wheels because they didn,t have a "cool bike"
johnnyboxer wrote:What is this 1% business ??

Can someone explain?
johnnyboxer

People that you meet...

Post by johnnyboxer »

What is this 1% business ??
Can someone explain?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

It's funny, there were a group of HOG's at my local beach yesterday, 28-30 C and wearing all that clobber :pinch:
There is a big owners group in Brittany, weirdly my Neighbour from Wales came over here with his local Chapter back in Easter, and although I offfered him open house, got the Beers in ready, they didn't show up. When I was back in Wales I asked him why? his reply was similar, although I have a collection of Bikes in the garage, none of them are Harley's :whistle: :whistle:
Don't worry about it Chris, you plod along on the 125 and enjoy France regardless, and if you are passing, there is always Cold Beer in the fridge (thumbs)
Sarge
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Dazzer wrote:
Biking has changed and now a days they are cock wobblers on all brands of bikes (thumbs) :whistle:
Brand loyalty or blindness is a strange thing but I'm not sure it's changed much over the years. I remember back in the late 60s (when I was too young to have a licence ), the oily rag, dyed in the wool brit. bikers would say 'I'd rather eat worms than ride a Honda'.

The thing that gets me with some Harley (and BMW) owners is that they seem to think they've bought into some sort of exclusive club that makes them in some way superior. Spotting these dicks before getting embroiled in conversation with them is the hard bit.
lmac

Post by lmac »

The thing that gets me with some Harley (and BMW) owners is that they seem to think they've bought into some sort of exclusive club that makes them in some way superior. Spotting these dicks before getting embroiled in conversation with them is the hard bit.
Too true.
I ride a Harley and agree with a lot of the comments on here. Nothing wrong with the bikes if you like that sort of thing but the attitude of some of the arseholes attracted to them make me want to puke.
Roll on Cropton (Ecky Thump) when we can get proper riders of all sorts together and party (thumbs) .
wispyone

Post by wispyone »

johnnyboxer wrote:What is this 1% business ??

Can someone explain?

The expression “1%”, “1%er” or “1 percenter” was coined when the AMA (American Motorcycle Association) was said to make a statement in response to the 1947 riot in Hollister, California which stated that 99% of motorcycle riders are law-abiding citizens. Not long after the comment was made by the American Motorcycle Association the clubs of the time stated that they were the other 1%.

It believe it was after this the bike gangs started calling themselves the 1%

Return to “THE PUB”