Black Pudding

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Simon_100

Re: Black Pudding

Post by Simon_100 »

jhwg_95 wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:
jhwg_95 wrote:
Where in Sussex is this butchers? I am from Hastings myself...
Well the photo of me having a beer was outside the Victory Inn at Staplefield. Still looks like a 'real' pub!

But the butcher's was up a sort of alleyway just off the 'high' street at Cuckfield. I've just tried to find on Goggly but no joy there. :( Why, do you remember it?

Regs

Simon
Well I can't say I do but that could be because I wasn't born until 1995... :laugh:
Ha ha, you may not believe it but we managed to get by somehow, back in the day when 'pub grub' was a jar of pickled eggs and a startling choice of ready salted* or cheese-n-onion crisps ...

Regs

Simon
* I can remember crisps with the salt in a little twist of blue paper - but only just ... :whistle:
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

chickenDinner wrote:I've heard that white pudding is the new black pudding. Have you tried it?
Surely that shouykd be 'non-coloured'* in this day and age ... :evil:

Simon
* and the less said about gender the better ...
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
herman

Post by herman »

chickenDinner wrote:I've heard that white pudding is the new black pudding. Have you tried it?
blasphemy, cut off his head.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
herman

Post by herman »

jhwg_95 wrote:
herman wrote:stayed in Cumbria a couple of years ago and the local chippy had it battered, result.I oft have some as a burger filling.
You can't beat a black pudding sandwich! May have to try battered!

On a side note Herman I am the proud owner of your old xt660 and it turns out that three of us owners of the same bike were at the rally this weekend! (Roger was there too). Did you spot it?
I thought I did but was sat on my arse eating an ice lolly after dragging the s10 round the track and feeling rather warm. Seems like you and Roger have used it rather more than I ever did .
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

Costco do one I think it's £2.60 and the size of a horse's dick it's beautiful you can't go wrong
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

smudger272 wrote:Costco do one I think it's £2.60 and the size of a horse's dick it's beautiful you can't go wrong
A beautiful horses dick you say? :whistle:
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

My 1st visit to Stornoway was back in 2006,it was then i discovered the Charles Macleod blackpudding,everything ive had since hasn't come close,in fact talking about it now is making me consider putting an order in.
:)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I like mine under scallops with a little grated apple on top (thumbs) quite happy to eat it as it comes though (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
sven

Post by sven »

Yes, every morning on my tour of Ireland in April and it was delicious (thumbs) It's basically black pudding without the blood
Chris TeeDeeEmm

Post by Chris TeeDeeEmm »

Any black pudding is better than no black pudding?!
Strongest one I ever had was Clonakilty. Highly recommended.

Return to “THE PUB”