Photobucket...all images on Free Accounts will not now link on forums.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
boboneleg

Re: Photobucket...all images on Free Accounts will not now link on forums.

Post by boboneleg »

I had a couple of emails from them this morning telling me that I have to pay from now on so I tried to upload this photo

as you can see I'm screwed like the rest of you. To be honest I find it easiest to load photos direct from my PC/phone on this site but it's buggered me for some of the others. What about all the photos I've got on there, I suppose I've lost them now?

Off to flikr for me
one-legged adventurer
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

zimtim wrote:
WIBO wrote:Can someone try this extension of Google Chrome and report back to see if it works please?

I've tried it on Mac to no avail. It's supposed to allow the mages to be seen.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fnflicjjgj

:)
Just added the addon to chrome
https://www.adventurebikerider.com/foru ... tml#357064
Just tried it and then looked on this as I know there was an issue with it other day vouldnt see the images on last post. all good so it seems to work.
(thumbs)
Okay so that Add on may not work
I could see the images that were hosted on PB on the link above but i cannot see Bobs image maybe it just works with older posts.

:blush: :blush: :S :whistle:
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Not sure if amyone has said this but surely they don't have the right to block you from removing them?
They offered free hosting so they must give you access even though they can change how you use them.
Isn't that called theft?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

boboneleg wrote:I had a couple of emails from them this morning telling me that I have to pay from now on so I tried to upload this photo

as you can see I'm screwed like the rest of you. To be honest I find it easiest to load photos direct from my PC/phone on this site but it's buggered me for some of the others. What about all the photos I've got on there, I suppose I've lost them now?

Off to flikr for me

You haven't lost them....you just can't link them to any How To's or Ride Reports etc. You can download them from PB to your desktop if you wish, to make doubly sure.

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

zimtim wrote:
zimtim wrote:
WIBO wrote:Can someone try this extension of Google Chrome and report back to see if it works please?

I've tried it on Mac to no avail. It's supposed to allow the mages to be seen.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fnflicjjgj

Just added the addon to chrome
https://www.adventurebikerider.com/foru ... tml#357064
Just tried it and then looked on this as I know there was an issue with it other day vouldnt see the images on last post. all good so it seems to work.
(thumbs)
Okay so that Add on may not work
I could see the images that were hosted on PB on the link above but i cannot see Bobs image maybe it just works with older posts.

:blush: :blush: :S :whistle:

Thanks for that....It doesn't show old posts for me at all....still the same as image as Bob
Will It Buff Out?
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

This is nothing short of legalised blackmail.
$399 is a silly amount to pay for a service that was once free and will kill them off. Had it been a reasonable amount I would have signed up but that is a ridiculous amount.
I can see none of my posted pictures and it is a real pain as I have been posting pics and reports for 8 years.
This should be a warning to us all about storing stuff on clouds etc. If PB can do this at the drop of a hat, there is nothing stopping any one else from doing it.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Agreed.
Though, on Adv rider, you can post images direct from your computer/phone........maybe more sites will go that way if they want to keep their members?
Will It Buff Out?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

To be honest adv old ride reports have been no images since they updated ffom years ago..i upload from my pc direct to site .. its a dou le edged sword for forums ..they need pics to make them interesting ...
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

WIBO wrote:Agreed.

Though, on Adv rider, you can post images direct from your computer/phone........maybe more sites will go that way if they want to keep their members?

The reason its not done on many forums is that it adds extra bandwidth and ergo costs to host the image whereas a link uses the image hosts bandwidth.Hence probably why they did it but they could have just over layed some PB advertising on the images via their server its not hard.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Old Git Ray wrote:This is nothing short of legalised blackmail.

$399 is a silly amount to pay for a service that was once free and will kill them off. Had it been a reasonable amount I would have signed up but that is a ridiculous amount.

I can see none of my posted pictures and it is a real pain as I have been posting pics and reports for 8 years.

This should be a warning to us all about storing stuff on clouds etc. If PB can do this at the drop of a hat, there is nothing stopping any one else from doing it.
Just like drug pushers/dealer then!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “THE PUB”