One year on was it worth it?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lebowski

Re: One year on was it worth it?

Post by lebowski »

micksea wrote:Me too but you seem to have gone straight for the smear campaign,route one for your type.I was hoping you would explain where I was defensive and aggressive towards you before we got into the grown up stuff
What have I done to upset you so much?

You don't seem to want join into the debate, so let's just not worry about each other huh?

You're happy that you voted the way did and I'm happy I voted the way I did, we both have our reasons for doing that but you don't seem to want to justify your views. That's fine, I don't need to know, you joined into this discussion by saying to me

So while we were in Europe (I know we still are)you suffered so badly in this country that you felt you had no option but to leave? Now you want the rest of us to keep suffering to maintain your utopia.the NHS is in a mess,nothing to do with all the extra patients I suppose?

Pretty wild assumptions seeing as you don't know me or my circumstances.

I hope it all works out well for both of us

(thumbs)
micksea

Post by micksea »

lebowski wrote:
micksea wrote:Me too but you seem to have gone straight for the smear campaign,route one for your type.I was hoping you would explain where I was defensive and aggressive towards you before we got into the grown up stuff

You don't seem to want join into the debate, so let's just not worry about each other huh?

You're happy that you voted the way did and I'm happy I voted the way I did, we both have our reasons for doing that but you don't seem to want to justify your views. That's fine, I don't need to know, you joined into this discussion by saying to me

So while we were in Europe (I know we still are)you suffered so badly in this country that you felt you had no option but to leave? Now you want the rest of us to keep suffering to maintain your utopia.the NHS is in a mess,nothing to do with all the extra patients I suppose?

(thumbs)
But you didn'the answer my questions just made some more vague accusations. :blink: :blink: have a nice day,we should meet up some time for a ride,I'll buy lunch (thumbs)
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

micksea wrote:
lebowski wrote:

(thumbs)
But you didn'the answer my questions just made some more vague accusations. :blink: :blink: have a nice day,we should meet up some time for a ride,I'll buy lunch (thumbs)
They weren't vague, you obviously didn't understand....

Have to be here in France, I'm afraid, I can't leave my utopia and all you people back there suffering for me will be out to lynch me.....
micksea

Post by micksea »

Still on with the pseudo intellectual delusion I see,don't worry I can make it to France,I'll even show you how to hold cutlery if you like.peace and love brother
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

micksea wrote:Still on with the pseudo intellectual delusion I see,don't worry I can make it to France,I'll even show you how to hold cutlery if you like.peace and love brother
I'm not deluded in the slightest.....

You'd have to show me as your explanations evidently need a little work, but then you're assuming again that you actually know how to correctly hold cutlery.....

How did this fight start again?

Peace? If only.......
micksea

Post by micksea »

lebowski wrote:
Dirk wrote:
So who is going to make Britain great again...?
Certainly it won't be those that constantly talk the UK down and don't even live here.
Realists you mean?

Or dreamers?

I constantly read how leaving the EU will make Britain great again, but nobody seems to be able to come up with examples of ways of doing that.

I would love to talk the UK up, but I don't have anything to talk up. I left because I could have a better standard of living, wouldn't you do the same? Or should I have suffered further for the good of my country who now has a government who, clearly, don't give a stuff about me or a lot of the British public.

The UK is a country currently being run for the good of very rich people, not everyone, should I be proud of that then?
Can you see where you typed about suffering? Good,unless you think you had the monopoly on suffering then the rest of us must be suffering the same way you were.the country is a mess because it's jointly ruled by Westminster and the EU,I for one want my country to be ruled by a uk government,voted in to office by UK nationals who live in the uk.why you seem to have such strong opinions on how the uk should be run is beyond me,you chose not to live here any longer,why not form opinions on how France should be run? See how that goes down with the people you choose to live amongst.also,why do you try to deride the intelligence of people who don't agree with your opinions,it's old,tepid and boring.and it's not a fight,there is no aggression or lynching,it's a discussion in which not everyone will agree with you.peace and love is all around, maybe you just need to breathe deeper to taste it. (thumbs)
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

micksea wrote:
lebowski wrote:
Dirk wrote:
So who is going to make Britain great again...?
Certainly it won't be those that constantly talk the UK down and don't even live here.
Realists you mean?

Or dreamers?

I constantly read how leaving the EU will make Britain great again, but nobody seems to be able to come up with examples of ways of doing that.

I would love to talk the UK up, but I don't have anything to talk up. I left because I could have a better standard of living, wouldn't you do the same? Or should I have suffered further for the good of my country who now has a government who, clearly, don't give a stuff about me or a lot of the British public.

The UK is a country currently being run for the good of very rich people, not everyone, should I be proud of that then?
Can you see where you typed about suffering? Good,unless you think you had the monopoly on suffering then the rest of us must be suffering the same way you were.the country is a mess because it's jointly ruled by Westminster and the EU,I for one want my country to be ruled by a uk government,voted in to office by UK nationals who live in the uk.why you seem to have such strong opinions on how the uk should be run is beyond me,you chose not to live here any longer,why not form opinions on how France should be run? See how that goes down with the people you choose to live amongst.also,why do you try to deride the intelligence of people who don't agree with your opinions,it's old,tepid and boring.and it's not a fight,there is no aggression or lynching,it's a discussion in which not everyone will agree with you.peace and love is all around, maybe you just need to breathe deeper to taste it. (thumbs)
At last! Why couldn't you have said this ages ago? Still it was fun eh?

Sorry, but you are making huge assumptions again.

You don't know how I suffered, do you? You have no idea what I was referring to! Perhaps I left because living in the UK was harming my or my family's health?

I never said, nor would I, that my suffering was worse than anyone else, so no I don't think I have a monopoly. Please show me where I said that and I will gladly apologise. Why did you assume I thought that?

Why should I have such strong opinions on how the UK is run? Am I not allowed then? I still have a British passport, I have the right to vote in the UK, for now, I have money in the UK, I am taxed in the UK and my pension will be under UK rules. If Britain goes down the pan it will affect me, so based on that, if it's ok with you, I will carry on with my opinions on how the UK is run.

I am allowed to leave the UK and live in the EU, for now, I'm allowed to have my opinion and ask questions in order to learn and understand. Or have those rights now been changed?

Likewise, here my opinions and discussions with my french friends on how France is run are respected and welcomed. Why wouldn't they be?

Just to be clear, I would love the UK to flourish after Brexit, I just don't know how it will. So I joined in here in the stupid expectation that I would read some examples of how Britain will be great again.

I'm really sorry if I have derided your, or anyone's, intelligence. It wasn't meant and other than the cutlery comment, stupidly, I cannot see where I have?

Strangely when you make such assumptions as to my reasons for being in France, my opinions on the UK and my reasons for asking questions about the UK's future, all of which I am entitled to, I'm not tasting it, no.....

Perhaps we're actually nice guys who care about the UK?
micksea

Post by micksea »

Well you are safe to assume that I respect your opinions when they are put across in a civil manner and I respect your rights as a UK national,on the same note "I think" you should have more pride in the nation you were born in.we won't be sinking into the north Sea any time soon (thumbs)
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Assuming(!) you mean me, were they not put in a civil manner? When, where?
Where did I say I don't have pride in 'my' nation?
My crime was to ask how it will be great again?
I hope it doesn't sink, but I'd love to know exactly how it's going to float!
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

lebowski wrote:Assuming(!) you mean me, were they not put in a civil manner? When, where?

Where did I say I don't have pride in 'my' nation?

My crime was to ask how it will be great again?

I hope it doesn't sink, but I'd love to know exactly how it's going to float!
it floated fine before the EU, it fought 2 world wars paid the debt in blood and money whilst helping rebuild Germany and cancelling her debts. So why on earth would it not survive after the EU ? supposing the EU survives of course ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”