Lessons will be learnt.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Zookman

Lessons will be learnt.

Post by Zookman »

I've come to despise this phrase.... and we'll be hearing it a lot over the next few months.
Nigel

Re: Lessons will be learnt.

Post by Nigel »

:angry: just bloody listen to people would be better
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Nigel wrote::angry: just bloody listen to people would be better
The trouble is, people like this in social housing are never listened to. They're just dont mean fuck all to the authorities of local and national government.
What seems to be more important, is the moneyed people that live in an affluent area surrounding this eyesore of social housing. So the council spend money making the outside look good.... and of course its always budget lead.

But the powers that be, will all be doing their soundbites, trying their best to oh so concerned and the usual empty platitudes.

These bastards make me want to puke.
Speedofile

Post by Speedofile »

What winds me up are all the politicians that "make an appearance" at these things!! If it was me I would beat the s***t out of them and tell them to go and do their jobs, instead of trying to get face time on the bloody news!
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

"Lessons will be learnt"
Yes, I hope the first one will be.....
Don't allow thousands of people to flood into the country, seemingly without control after they have passed through our borders.
People flock into London, ill advised, well probably not advised at all, they expect all their problems will be over. Theyll be with their own people, sub-cultures within our society.
How could we end up with what seems to me like a high rise refugee camp in a very desirable area of London?
I have a small business in Lancashire, I'd take on an English speaking Syrian, Afghan, etc....electrician, Fabricator or welder right away....subject to the correct vetting.
He'd be paid the going rate and he could rent a decent house for £100 a week and there are no shortages of Mosques.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Blaming the victims.
Nasty.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Alan29 wrote:Blaming the victims.
Nasty.
What?
Having a cheap go at me without properly reading my post......Nasty and stupid.
I blame bad management and advice after they arrive.
I'd never condem a man for seeking a better life in another country.
Spread these people around the country, don't create these ghettos.
Grahamkevinbutler

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

I make items and work in a industry where we a monitored by building control very stringently, who monitors them.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Fair enough, apologies .... but we don't live in a police state. I guess that is what some have escaped from.
Years ago I worked with the Boat People, resettling them into housing. Government policy was to spread them thin. Within a couple of years they had grouped together in communities in all our cities. Its about isolation, loneliness, needing to be with people from your own culture, needing to share their stories with people who will understand etc.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Local councils are legally obliged to have emergency plans and emergency coordinators.
Where have Kensingtons been?

Return to “THE PUB”