Election 2017

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SPEN

Re: Election 2017

Post by SPEN »

nethen1 wrote:A quick Google of the DUP.... are they not the same people who were throwing rocks at primary school children not so long back.... ?
Please don't start this shit on here ,you are being fed total nonsense by the media ,yes they are a party with strong ties to the church and have religious views on gay marriage etc but don't think for one minute they are like Sinn Fein IRA , they are PRO union and want the UK to remain in tact but you are very mistaken if you think they are out killing people . The IRA are still active here so you may read about peace but they are still targeting police and their family daily. This will tell you what they are about, and believe me not everyone who voted for them agrees with all their policies.

It seems that a lot of people on mainland Britain need to be educated on what the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) really are. They are a legal Political Party who, along with the Ulster Unionist Party (UUP) and the Traditional Unionist Party (TUV) have, for decades, been a voice for mainly (but not solely) the Unionist/British people of Northern Ireland. These are not paramilitary groups or like Sinn Fein who are the political wing and voice of the terrorist IRA. The DUP are British. It's ironic how because they are now supporting the Conservative Party to form the Party that some people want to complain, even though the DUP etc. have had sitting MP's in Parliament for decades supporting the Conservative Party. It's a pity those who are now complaining didn't know their history much better, or had shown even a little interest in this small corner of the United Kingdom years ago when for 40 years the IRA and other republican terrorists were trying to bomb us off the face of the earth on a daily basis, bombing and murdering our British Soldiers and Police Officers, men, women and children simply because they worked in an Army base or a Police Station. Children as they sat in the car because their father or mother was a Soldier, butchering people in their home in front of their wife and children, burning shops and businesses with their workers inside, and the list goes on. Ok, the DUP as a collective Party don't believe in same sex marriage based on their religious and moral beliefs, and maybe other things that some might not agree with, but they are a legal British Party. Like I say, if only some people had shown an interest or cared about Northern Ireland when they needed it, but then as per usual the "troubles" only concerned them when the IRA put a few bombs on the mainland, then when they hit London instead of dealing with them they cowered and ran scared of them, appeased them, then in one final act of corruption they brought them into local government, and still they continue to terrorise, bomb and shoot.
Perhaps if these people were half as loyal to Britain as the Unionist people of Northern Ireland we wouldn't be in this mess. Britain has always depended on Northern Ireland who, on ratio, supply more Soldiers per capita than any other part of the United Kingdom and have lost accordingly . . it's a pity the same loyalty wasn't reciprocated by some people who would dare to call themselves British.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

daveuprite wrote:....... And it's a terrible mistake in terms of the good friday agreement, which she seems to have forgotten requires the UK government to act as neutral honest broker between the 2 sides in N Ireland. She can't be in bed with one of those two sides while also delivering the terms of the GFA.

What a complete and utter mess.
So, do you think the IRA are sticking by the GFA ?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Old Git Ray wrote:
daveuprite wrote:....... And it's a terrible mistake in terms of the good friday agreement, which she seems to have forgotten requires the UK government to act as neutral honest broker between the 2 sides in N Ireland. She can't be in bed with one of those two sides while also delivering the terms of the GFA.

That's unhelpful because it's not the question we're discussing. I never raised the historic links between the DUP and the UVF etc. It's as useful to do that at this point in the peace process as it is to keep digging up Sinn Fein's historic links to the IRA. Everything has moved on, and the GFA is the key means of that forward movement. If May relies upon the DUP for her survival she is picking sides - which breaches the terms of the GFA.
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Seperation of church and state is a keystone of modern civilised society, The DUP cannot embrace such, they prefer the intolerance that comes with deeply held religous belief.
A sad day to see them being given credo
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

daveuprite wrote:
Old Git Ray wrote:

That's unhelpful because it's not the question we're discussing. I never raised the historic links between the DUP and the UVF etc. It's as useful to do that at this point in the peace process as it is to keep digging up Sinn Fein's historic links to the IRA. Everything has moved on, and the GFA is the key means of that forward movement. If May relies upon the DUP for her survival she is picking sides - which breaches the terms of the GFA.
you are 100% correct it will look that way ,All the GFA did was pay off the main players in terror by giving them jobs and a little bit of power , Most of the top known terrorists got community jobs paying £30 k ish to stop them killing and that's a fact ,the ones who are still targeting police now could not be bought off or were not offered money to stop .The DUP may look bad because of their stance on abortion and gay rights but they are a religious / political party like I said a lot of their voters do not agree with all of their views but what they do agree with is the strength of the Union , and I can't believe the nonsense about LGBT rights being over turned because the DUP will help the government push through bills. Sinn Fein don't like the DUP leader because she stands up to them ,she has seen first hand what the IRA did , as a school girl she was on a bus where the IRA tried to blow it up with kids on board because the driver was a part time soldier and I believe they also came to kill her father when she was eight ,The terrible things that have happened in London and Manchester where going on here for 30 years ,I remember 25 bombings in one day etc, So what I would say is don't believe all the media nonsense they are only trying to spread fear , if Labour had been voted in they would fill the front pages with stuff about Corbyn.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Wasn'tthe DUP founded by a bloke who made his name by shouting "No Popery?"
That alliance with the Tories will go down well with the 5 million Catholics in gthe UK.
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

He did shout that,at a time when the IRA were killing every day and getting support from parts of the catholic community and catholic church , Like I said they are a religious / political group who take a lot of their beliefs from the bible,
gooseneck

Post by gooseneck »

Spent, I like both your honesty, and the way you took time to explain who the dup are, in real terms, thank you for an unbiased apraisal.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Just as short side note without veering too much....Police Constrable Stephen Carrol was murdered by Brendan McConville......the first PSNI officer to be murdered.....
.......so not really 100% IMHO when they're still murdering police and army etc.....but ooops....if they're labelled as 'Dissident' then it's a great loophole to sidestep any heat ....google Colin Duffy, Alex McCrory or Joe Fitzsimons........google those c44ts....and any other keywords..... If Colin Duffy died I'd expect to see Gerry Adams et al at his funeral.
You'll notice too that if there's any controversial stuff going on within Stormont that might not be going the SF/IRA direction......every now and again and infrequently there's an 'incident' to remind folk that they want to be heard and to take help take it their way.
Anyhow....Spen's explanation of the DUP and paying off the IRA with jobs etc...is bang on.....
Once the RUC GC and British Army defeated them with sterling work they at least took the direction they're in now...every man has his price and this has worked to a degree.
If the DUP IMO could just come out of the religious guff and update it would suit them better......
I'm sure there's a few others on this forum that have been to Ulster and know what a scummer is compared to normal law abiding people.
:)
Will It Buff Out?
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

was watching the news this morning to see 3 public sector workers saying there needs to be more money spent on their sector.
I then saw a business owner say that there was only x amount of revenues generated by the private sector and the government needs to help the private sector grow so the public sector gets more money
guestimated revenues for 2017 730 billion, spending 784 billion so interested to see where the money will come from for all that the public sector wants.
Then I saw some young voters who said they voted labour to get a fairer society and the Tories were wrecking everything,do people not realise that a fair society only happens if people treat each other fairly
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”