Indicating

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Seminole

Re: Indicating

Post by Seminole »

Redmurty wrote:I've been told they are not taught to indicate anymore :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
I never had a Car license till late in life and then only got it for work.
did it about 7 years ago and one of things I found damn stupid was the insistance that there was no need to indicate when pulling out if there was no person or vehicle around to be effected by the manouvre!!!! FFS, even when I pointed out to the instructor that maybe there was something around, but I just haven't see it?, he continued insisting that he was correct.

Idiocrasy is upon us.
bowber

Post by bowber »

I did a training day with a ROSPA trainer last year and he told me I was over indicating :blink: No need to indicate when no ones around.
but you were following me.
yes but I knew what you were doing.
Oookay. At that point I just shut up and carry on over indicating.
Steve
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Years back I had my full bike licence well before I ever got a car.
So I had no car and learned to drive with an instructor. 'Always indicate, you never know who is relying on your signal when you can't always see them'. Wise man.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
anagallis_arvensis

Post by anagallis_arvensis »

Not indicating is not as bad as the tossers who indicate right for the 3rd exit but never cancel it and put the left one one. Why fucking bother in the first place if you know its too much effort to do it right. Wankers.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote:Years back I had my full bike licence well before I ever got a car.

So I had no car and learned to drive with an instructor. 'Always indicate, you never know who is relying on your signal when you can't always see them'. Wise man.
Exactly (thumbs)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

anagallis_arvensis wrote:Not indicating is not as bad as the tossers who indicate right for the 3rd exit but never cancel it and put the left one one. Why fucking bother in the first place if you know its too much effort to do it right. Wankers.
We have a very acute angle on the A54/A556 junction thats a give way on the A54 [bottom right] and the number of people Ive seen slowly approach the give way to turn left [virtually straight] but for some reason actualy indicate right

mjojom

Post by mjojom »

well coppers dont indicate either -lead by example that is...
when stopped once by one and him shouting at me he had to do an emergency braking because of me pulling out, me pointing out to him he did not indicate to change lane so I was not expecting him there got him really angry :evil:
over indicating? - what an idiocy, so people should use their common sense to use indicators, hmm, if there is such think as common sense nowadays.
micksea

Post by micksea »

same reason that nobody knows how to use a motorway slip road anymore.i can confirm that people who drive Mercedes cars are complete bellends,every one of them.don"t get me started on Nissan micra drivers :angry:
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Yep have noticed this in recent years - also more drivers going through blatent red lights, and double parking in towns:angry: :angry:
Decco

Post by Decco »

I had a ROSPA evaluation a few weeks ago van driving.
Seriously the biggest waste of time ever!
The indicating when I didn't have to cropped up! WTF are these people trying to tech, it, does no harm to do so and covers your base if you have missed someone who will benefit from seeing your indication, ROSPA should get a grip IMPO.
The assessor picked up on my road positioning and asked if I was a biker, this was all good apparently.
I found the whole 4 hours a real waste of my time, we got back to work and she asked me if I had learnt anything from our drive.
The instructor was basically telling me to play silly games on the motorway, if you want more detail I'll provide it, but she was saying I should be tapping my brakes to get the car behind to slow down to control the space behind me, in the outside lane sorry no!, propper fuckwittery if you ask me.
Any ROPSPA members on here want to defend that?
After that assessment ROSPA can keep themselves to themselves, I've been driving plenty of years now without incident and their advise will get you into bother or the victim of a road rage attack. Follow their advice to the letter at your own risk , just wear a camera to !

Return to “THE PUB”